1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

347 Stroker Turbo T66 Injector Size Question Mustang

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by RobertJohnsen, Aug 31, 2016.

1. RobertJohnsen

So I have a mustang I've had for about 20 years. 15 years ago I completely built it. My question is what size injectors should I use?

347 eagle rotating assembly with 60's mexican block with stud girdle Proline Racing Engines Built it.
    AFR 185 with Roller rockers
    Custom cam for Turbo
    Typhoon Intake
    T66 Pro Turbo Kit
    Complete Aeromotive Fuel System with Aeromotive Fuel Pump Rails the Whole nine Yards.
    Lentech Aod Trans 373 Gear
    Msd Ignition with Boost Timing Master

Back when I had it dyno tuned it 10years ago it made a little over 500 rwhp. It has 42lb injectors ford racing and the computer was chipped for tune?

The car has been sitting for over 7 years. I just went through the motor and flushed fuel, rotated engine and it wouldn't start. So I pulled the injectors out thinking they were junked up. I cleaned them out and two are not function when I put current to them. They need to be replaced. I found some on eBay made in China. Someone told me not to use the Chinese ones? Is that a true statement? If I am going to order new ones instead of wasting money on two 42lb injectors should I buy bigger ones?

Any help will be appreciated. I just want to get it running again and want to do whats best for the car.

2. MCA

I would, in your position, stay with the 42 pounders, they provide enough fuel to split a stock block.

Changing injector size would also mean re-tuning the ECM to compensate for the new size, not a hard thing to do but just a thing to consider.

3. RobertJohnsen

Thanks for the advice. I just ordered an innovative wideband. I might go with a megasquirt as well and play with tuning it. Can't find the 42lb injectors anywhere.

4. Mnlx

If going megasquirt i'd step up to 60's, maybe even 80's if you plan on updating the combo.

5. RobertJohnsen

I am definitely going to get the megasquirt once I figure out which one to get. I can't find my 42lb ford racing injectors anywhere. I guess I could get 60-80s and then tune down the car so that I don't split the block? Its a 347 stroker built by a very good builder steve petty of proline racing engines. It has a stud girdle too if that helps. The block is a mexican. I just don't want to run lean with the 42lb and pay as much for 2 replacements as I can for a full set of 60 or 80s. I have been out of the scene for almost 10 years. Just doing my research on this forum to figure everything out.

6. Mnlx

The girdle doesn't help much except to hold the broken parts together... If you don't plan on upgrading the block, or going 351, the 60's are where i'd look. The Siemens/Deka 60's are reasonable, and will take you further than the block, or the t66 will.