1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

347 stroker turbo mustang(street Car)** FUEL PROBLEM**

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by Cartrette1, May 27, 2007.

1. Cartrette1

I have a fuel problem...I have a aeromotive fuel pump & filter... I have a aeromotive fuel regulator with vaccum control. I have a 850 carb.. 78 front jets and 98 rear jets with 15 psi. wide open throttle. when I get down on the throttle in 3 or 4 gear, the car will cut off and I will have to wait for the fuel pump to fill the carb. bowls before the car will start back.

I NEED HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. nvme88gt

Is the filter in front of the pump? If so, it may be cavitating. Good luck.

3. Cartrette1

The filter is in front of the pump.....could that be my problem???

4. nvme88gt

That was my problem. I swapped the filter the other side of the pump and never had another problem. Good luck.

5. Razzys Wagon

ok, we put an Aeormotive A1000 on the car with the billet filter before the pump. it's worse............. :bang: :bang:

with the Aeromotive SS pump you could mash it and go through 2 or third gear and it would not keep the bowls full,car would shut off from running out of gas in the carb,was holding 15-16 psi under boost.(9 psi base with 6 pounds of boost). put the A1000 on it and new filter and you can't drive it at all now, carb goes dry.pat the gas and the pressure drops to 5 psi, :swear: pinch the return line and it immediatly pegs the gage and floods the carb. :bah:

now, I'm thinking the regulator has some trash in it,wouldn't that explain the problems he is having? :hmm:

give us some input here. :noidea: :bored:

Thanks
    Mark

6. nvme88gt

I have an A1000 on my car. I had the filter before the pump and it was doing what you were first describing. I put it after the filter and it never ran out of fuel again. Try running the pump with no filter before it after you check you regulator.

7. sccapri

Take the gas cap off, and see if that helps. May not be getting enough air in the tank.

8. CREWZIN

I had the exact same problem on my efi car a while back and though it was the reg the pump the filters etc. I ended up putting it on a friends dyno and run it and found the problem on my second run. It ended up being a weak pump, but it was'nt consistantly doing the same thing all the time. This went on for months slowly.While on the dyno I could see the pressure come up to around 48psi and level off and that was it. I had another A1000 pump so I put it on and bamm the car came back up on the power and it knocked 2 tenths off the cars best time. Aeromotive did'nt have any explanation but offered to rebuild it for half price. If you can get another pump and try it out, it may be the same problem.