1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

79 Mustang, Stock 302 and 70mm turbo, dyno results...

Discussion in 'Dyno Results and Track Times Forum' started by Colt, Aug 16, 2009.

1. Colt

I wasn't going to mess with putting it on the dyno until I got the TH400 put in.. But I was having the car weighted, nothing was on the dyno and they said 80 bucks for 3 pulls.. I was all for that..... The car weighted 2961, 850 on the front wheels, 630 on the rears ( give or take ).. The car is getting a cage a tubular front end and all new suspension in the next few weeks. Once thats done I'll take it back to be weighted and move weight as needed...

I'm running 10 PSI of boost on a B&G turbo setup running a MP T70.. Bone stock 302, Megasquirt. Stock T-5 with a OEM clutch.. We also rigged it up to see how much clutch slippage I was getting, turned out to be 14% HAHA, I actually thought it would be more than that... My tune still needs work, first pull their WB was showing 13.5 A/F :eek: Mine was showing pig rich at 10.7. I've been pulling fuel, and the car kept getting slower.. Obviously my WB is lying to me.. After the 1st pull I added 5% fuel across the board, helped a ton as you can see.. I had 2 plug wires throwing 1 1/2 inch long sparks across the engine bay, this is why I didnt intend to have it dyno'ed, but figured what the hell anyways.. Engine flat wouldnt rev past 5500 RPM, on the 3rd run I added 2 degree's of timing just to see what it would do, it didnt like it.. So obviously it liked it where it was at...

Having the tune right, and my ignition up to par, it would have made more power, but I doubt much more than what I saw, maybe 10-15 HP.. But then again on the 2nd run it was still lean, at 12.7, 12-9.. I'd like to see it at 12.3... Anyways, here's the dyno charts...

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

Keep in mind thats with 14% clutch slippage.. I'm pretty happy with what I saw :D

2. Mikey B

Very impressive , nice numbers. :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

3. Speedy911

Very nice dude! Wicked numbers. Do you have MSD by chance? From the graph your ignition seems pretty sound, what are your plugs gapped at? Mind sending me your tune for MS? (fellow MS owner/user) :D
    This content is protected
    Thanks!

4. snapc3

awesome numbers. I have a similar setup to yours. What rpm are you seeing full boost? If you would'nt mind Id like to see your tune, Im also a megasquirt user. If you could email me at
    This content is protected
    Thanks alot.

5. BS-90-GT

I CANT SEE #S...DAMN WORK FILTERS !!!! :bang:

6. SHONUF816

NICE! it's a shame that some people can't make this much power with even a built motor! (problems of course) it's makes you want to stay with a stock build and just go for lasting durabillity! (strengthening the block) i like seeing post like this! :2thumbs:

7. Warnotch

Seems like typical numbers for the 70mm on3 kit and a stock 302
    We use the stock ecu and numbers very some but that's about right