1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

337 sbf single build

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by blkonblkcpe, Oct 18, 2019.

1. blkonblkcpe

Building a 86 Svo with all leftover parts I have in my garage but not sure on turbo sizing. This will be a car I drive once a week and once a month at the the track for fun.
    Motor is a 337 r block with steel crank, billet rods and victor sr heads. I have a Vortech igloo I was thinking of using for cooling.
    Trans is a nice ATI powerglide that will handle anything I can throw at it.
    I have the stainless works sbf turbo hot side which has 1 7/8” headers and 3” crossover pipe.
    I would love to be able to hit a bottom 8 or maybe a 7. Is there a budget 76mm to 85mm that can get me there? Also can I do it with a hydraulic roller cam? Thanks

2. B E N

I'm not sure what you consider budget, T4 s480 seems like it would get you there though.

3. blkonblkcpe

Does it come in a t6? I forgot to mention the stainless works kit is a t6

4. 91turboterror

Yes the s480 is available in T6

5. Mnlx

If you're talking China budget, look at vs racing. Viren has a good selection of 80+ mm that have proven to be quite durable.

6. blkonblkcpe

I was looking at the work turbochargers and they have a t6 80mm that’s says it’s good to 1400hp. Does the China stuff keep with making power?

7. Mnlx

Work isn't really my definition of budget, but he sells a great product. Call Jose at forced inductions, he'll set u up.