1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

331 build suggestions

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by 90notch3, Mar 15, 2014.

1. 90notch3

I just recently picked up a fully forged dart block 331. It currently has flat top pistons and I will need a 62cc head or bigger to get the compression down to 9.5 to 1 I wanna make 600 horse or alittle more. What would you suggest for heads and cam? Should I go solid roller or keep it hydraulic?

2. Gen1SVE

Trick Flow high ports, Trick Flow 11R, Edelbrock Victor Jr. for the heads. Cam I would use a custom hydraulic roller. 1000+hp is no problem for the components listed.

3. 90notch3

Alright how about for lifters? I've read with boost factory with dog bones cause problems on high horsepower

4. testchimp

I don't see how the factory lifters and dog bones would cause an issue they don't know how much power it makes. As long as the rpm and spring pressure is reasonable it will work fine.

5. Gen1SVE

I believe there are guys running 8.40's or faster with the stock roller lifter set up, I use the tie-bar lifters...

6. Jeff88coupe

What fuel do you plan on running?