1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

3.5" exhaust HP limit?

Discussion in 'Newbie and Basic Turbo Tech Forum' started by BoostedDownUnder, Apr 18, 2014.

1. BoostedDownUnder

How much Hp can a single 3.5" exhaust pipe support? If it matters I am running a 4" down pipe into it.

2. turboeverything

A single 3.5 down pipe and exhaust can go into 4 digit power levels.. So it will support enough for most street set ups..

3. pavementpounder

4. BoostedDownUnder

That's what I thought. Thanks.

5. Forcefed86

Not enough information really. Depends on the length of pipe, number of turns, and muffler(s). The turbo will always be the bottle neck for power, not the downpipe. To ensure no additional losses post turbo 120% of the turbo's exducer on the exh size is the "rule of thumb". So 75mm an under are fine with 3.5"... anything larger and I'd bump up the downpipe and exhaust to match...

6. xx_ED_xx

yeah i made 750 hp with a single 3 inch pipe into a t6

7. Forcefed86

You CAN make 1500hp on a 3" pipe... But would it have made more power with a larger pipe is the question...