1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

3.08 gears...need some!!!!

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by jstonestang, Jul 21, 2003.

1. jstonestang

im sure you guys have seen this type of thead to many times, but here it goes!
    I have a stock twin turbo 93 mustang...approx 420RWHP.
    currently have 3.73 gears.
    I hate driving on the highway with these gears, and gas mileage sucks!
    Who out there has 3.08 gears in their car, and how do you like them.
    Also if anyone has a set to sell, let me know the price shipped to 44146.

thanks,

~jason

2. John M

I have a TTI street single kit on my 89 LX with stock motor. I had 3:55's in forever because I thought that was the gear. Like you, I tired of the higher RPM's at cruise. Although I only had 3:55's I changed them for a set of 3:08's. I am glad I went back to the 3:08. The car will still pull a 1.7ish 60 foot and will cruise the interstate like a stocker. In the 1/8th I am crossing the finish at the top of 3rd. I hear that the 3:27's are THE ticket. One day when I get a set of 3:27's I will know.

3. yan88gt

What transmission and what tire size you got. Also how much power you have?

4. John M

I have a 3550 with a spec III. When I go to the track I put on borowed ET street that are on welds. I think the size is 26?? I will check and post back. At one time on race fuel the car made 407 hp to the wheels. I just use 93 now and don't turn it up.