1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

2valve mod build

Discussion in 'Ford Modular Forum' started by LS1kilr, Feb 5, 2008.

1. LS1kilr

So I'm working on a turbo build for my car (1997 Mustang GT) I have PI cams on NPI heads and a professional products intake along w/ a lot of bolt ons. I also have ANOTHER ENGINE NOT IN THE CAR it's a Teskid BLOCK that I'm going to put my DSS ProXR pistons, Manley rods*, & Cobra crank*. ( * = parts I still have to buy!) PLUS I HAVE Patriot stage III heads and XE278ah cams (which everyone knows I CAN NOT put those head/cams on my STOCK NPI pistons w/out PTV issues)

My question is this....

I'm wondering if I should assemble the turbo kit on the NPI motor that is in it currently so I can drive the car w/ the turbo WHILE I assemble my Forged block w/ the Stage III heads and XE278ah cams. Cause I have most of the turbo kit, and budget is tight so I won't be able to do turbo & Forged motor right now.

2. 96Tangg

If you can live without it would say wait. Spend your cash on the parts you need. Just buy the best parts you can. Your new motor will be ready before you know it.

3. LS1kilr

I already have a set of rods lined up, thanks though.

With out going over my budget in fine detail let me just simply put it like this...

Either I put the turbo kit on the NPI engine until I'm ready to put the new engine in, and be able to drive the car this summer .

OR

Wait till I get the new engine done and put the turbo on and probably NOT have the car drivable till summer of 2009.

4. LS1kilr

how much whp could I push the NPI motor to? It would only need to last a year or less AND I know my tune would have to be DEAD ON.

5. Kellyo77

The intake and exhaust ports on the NPI heads are different than the PI heads. Your intake won't work with the PI's if it is made for the NPI's. Don't know what your plan is for headers but the NPI and PI headers are different as well and won't interchange. You might already know all that.
    Only reason I say all that is, if you build your kit with with anything other that stock type headers, they won't work when you build your engine with the new heads.
    I would wait and build the engine first with your new parts, then start your turbo kit, unless you already have the header and intake issue taken care of. I may have missed that if you do.
    Good luck with what ever you decide.