1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

2v head porting

Discussion in 'Ford Modular Forum' started by randy greenoe, Feb 21, 2016.

1. randy greenoe

I got a set of windsor pi heads and im gonna clean up the ports...nothing crazy...do you guys recommend removing the quench pads?any other tips or tricks you can share?thanks

2. 99TTGT

Send them out to a profesional.

You can hurt the performance if you do it wrong ..

3. randy greenoe

Just removing the casting roughness can hurt the heads?just planed on useing cartrige rolls..not planing on useing carbide burs or anything

4. 99TTGT

Gotcha

You gonna clean & smoth them up...

5. thenwhat85

I'm in the process of doing the same. But I didn't like the lip between the seat and the Chamber so I'm smoothing it flush

6. randy greenoe

Thenwhat,post up some pics..i just went to Eastwood and bought some porting mandels

7. 99TTGT

A valve upgrade is gonna really make those flow...

8. thenwhat85

For some reason I can't figure out how to post pictures. When I push upload it doesn't do anything. I'll have to try from my computer.

9. TTF/Ken Staff Member

You probably have enhanced uploading turned on in your settings here, and need to turn it off. Only Flash enabled devices can use enhanced uploading. These type of problems will go away this spring when we migrate the forums to Xenforo's forum software :)

10. thenwhat85

20160219_171420.jpg #ad
    20160219_171420.jpg #ad

- - - Updated - - -

I only worked on it for an hour or so. I'll post more when I get further along

20160219_171420.jpg #ad