1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

how much power are you guys making with junk yard big blocks

Discussion in 'The Turbo "Builds" Board' started by pound4pound, Jul 24, 2015.

1. pound4pound

bud of mine scored a gen v bbc long block out of the junk yard and the motor looks super nice came from a chevy 3500....

we want to throw a cam in it a single plane intake and throw some boost to it.... was wondering what power you guys are making with these types of bbc builds.....

please share your build info

2. turbomalibuwagon

Check out 88 s10 again thread bacon has a nice set up with twin turbo bbc . There is another guy on here to with a 91 I think s10 that just started a build with a bbc also .

3. Bacon

And one of these days we might actually see what kind of power it makes...

4. BlownShovel

I put down 600 rwhp with a stocker 396(402) @ 14psi procharger - motor was sloppy and crank was turned 030/040 - worked great. used it as a started motor as I didn't want my first boost to toast my better parts 454 when I first added boost late 90's

5. pound4pound

you think the results would have been any better with a 80mm turbo vs the supercharger.....what heads did you have on the motor