1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

21 footer twin turbo ( FAMILY JULZ)

Discussion in 'Turbocharged Boat and Watercraft Forum' started by madmanmarine, Mar 10, 2011.

1. madmanmarine

figured id start a thread on my boat motor project. it is a 21 foot custom hull. a company named north-end composites built the mold for it and only made 6 of them. three of which didnt make it out of the mold in one peice. out of the other three one is in new york, one is in mas somewhere and i have the other one. i only live like 20 miles (across the bay) from north end and my cousin works there, so he was there when they sold out to Saber and distroyed the mold for this hull. so i thought it was pretty cool that there are never going to be one of these around me and where i go out in it. :2thumbs: here are some pics thanks for lookin at my post

001.JPG #ad

007.JPG #ad

2. madmanmarine

some more pics of the new turbo motor

012.JPG #ad

013.JPG #ad

3. madmanmarine

pic of the sweet ass drive unit!! stern powr marine drive , with a 1 to 1 borg warner 72 transmission. i have two wheels for it one is a 16 x 23 and the other is a 16 x 27. it has a twin stainless ram, power hydrolic stearing.

boat drive.png #ad

trany all rebuilt and painted.png #ad

010.JPG #ad

4. M&M Turbochargers

cool boat!!! im thinkin bout puttin a turbo on my 3.0l 4cyl boat, just to be different

5. slow67

My buddy has a blowthru 3.0L boat.

6. M&M Turbochargers

there is a guy on here that has a 2.5l with a saab turbo on it, didnt see any pics though, could u direct to the thread please :)

7. madmanmarine

never seen the saab one , but me and my buddy where thinking about getting a chevy 4 cyl. chevy and putting the best internals in it that we could find for it just to see what it would take and make!! :D i dont think i have ever sean a well built (forged internals) 4 cyl. chevy. my boat is super lite for its size, so we thought we could make it go really good with less weight . but since you cant beat the way a turbo sbc sounds, i went with that instead. :cheers: :cheers:

8. M&M Turbochargers

li hear ya on the turbo engine sound thing,, mine is a heavy hog 19.5ft bayliner bowrider, seems the turbo stuff in south dakota is unherd of, keepe in the loop on the build as i am new to turbo stuff, i guess i havent blown anything up yet though either lol

9. madmanmarine

you really must be new if you havent blown anything up!!! :ras: i used to have a 18 foot bayliner with an alpha one and a small block chevy in it. shed do 68 all day long , but i had to sell it when i cut my fingers off so i could pay med bills :bang: here are a few more pics of when i put the new stringers, deck, and console in . right befor i put the n/a motor in it and painted it.

puting in the deck.png #ad

the new console.png #ad

10. M&M Turbochargers

im starting to get quite a collection of small block chevy stuff and need to reduce the number some how lol how would i get ahold of your buddy that did the blow through 3.0l project???

11. slow67

Same boat, that motor spun a bearing so he bought a 3.0L and put it in. Everything else is the same (bolted up just fine). Even the same jetting is fine, but he is a little faster per lb of boost now.

12. larouchedem

madman,

Neat project. 2 cents worth;

I'm no expert, but I bet that experts might suggest entering the hat at 9 and 3 o'clock with such a small hat. That way, they blow at each other. Might be doable by doubling bends on each side.

Dave

13. M&M Turbochargers

didnt see any pics of that boat either, what's his computer name??

14. madmanmarine

15. madmanmarine

so some people that owed me alot of money for a long time finally can through. :chacha: so i went on the jegs site and started ordering stuff that i know il need. here is what i ended up getting.

msd 6btm with rev limiter
    aem wideband kit
    snow performance 100 ml a minute nozzle and the bung to put it in with
    and there new 150 pump
    boost presure switch
    arp head bolts
    fel pro head gaskets
    a new 30+/- boost guage
    some stainless exhaust bends
    two v-band clamp kits for the turbos
    and another 50 feet of black exhuast wrap. which = $1131.35 i was just happy to get some stuf that i new i would be needing and have allways wanted. well thanks for looking ian adair

16. madmanmarine

soooooo.. does anyone have a fuel pump that will handel 600hp that they wanna sell pretty cheap????? im flat out on the budget side now that i got most everything to do it with. the wife sayS NOOOOOO!!!!! MORE!!!!!!!! MONEY!!!!!!! FOR!!!!!! YOU!!!!!!!! LOL so this is where im at. im hopeing someone will come forward with a pump that they dont need anymore. dosnt mater if its old as long as it works. :cheers: thanks guys.. ian adair

17. M&M Turbochargers

looks like some people are running dual walbro's 255's looks like u can gett em from summit, maybe from the sponsors here, looks like one will support about 500hp, think they are 120.00 or so

18. madmanmarine

so i just ended up boost referencing the Holley 6 valve pump that i allready had :2thumbs:so thats solved for now. im only running 10# boost maximum so it should be fine. i also scored a unilite marine dizzy, that allready had a Pertronics Ignitor magnetic pickup installed in it. for free :chacha: :chacha: i was wondering if that will work with my msd 6btm???? i also have an older accel super coil that works mint. will that work with the msd and unilite dizzy??? and will i need an external balist resistor to use it??? please help if you know what your talkin about with electronics :bow: im used to a chevy 1 wire dizzy, so using an external coil is weird for me. im sure the msd will come with instructions, but i would like a heads-up on how to hook it up. thanks ian adair

19. slow67

Cricket414

20. madmanmarine

so i have made alot of progress in the last week or so. i took everything back apart and took the old motor off the engine stand. cleaned up the new high nickle block and painted it. i port-matched the heads that i am using and instaled them as well. put the new 1.6 roller rockers on and a new set of hardened pushrods. new felpro headgasket and arp 180000 bolts. i also started putting everything back on for the last time. but im still waiting for my welding guy to do all of my piping and coolers so that i can put the motor in the boat . i allready took the old motor out and now am just waiting for parts. here are some pics. its ben a busy week. :welder: :2thumbs:

027.JPG #ad

028.JPG #ad

029.JPG #ad

030.JPG #ad