1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

2013 Arctic Cat M1100 turbo

Discussion in 'The Turbo "Builds" Board' started by Mnlx, Jan 17, 2018.

1. Mnlx

This will be a slow build as i'm going to ride this until spring when I set it up for asphalt racing. I was planning to build another older 2 stroke to race, but couldn't pass up this deal.

2013 Arctic Cat M1100 turbo, twin cyl 4 stroke that makes 177hp stock, and 295hp on just IMG_20180117_112149133.jpg #ad
    a ecu reprogram, and a race gas tune. I stumbled across this yesterday on Craigslist from a local dealer, it has 667 miles, and the previous owner installed $8300 of aftermarket parts (some to go fast, others just accessories), but for $6k I couldn't pass on it. We built a 2012 last year, and only have a handful of passes on it, but on a 280hp tune its gone mid 9's struggling for traction.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2018
  2. ss496

Awesome!

Ive been tossing around the idea of turboing my trail sled.......98 Zr600....it has an 800 tripple swapped into it with PSI jugs (1004)

Are the aftermarket programs for the new turbo sleds a piggyback or are they a tune on the stock computer? (like HPTuners)

3. Mnlx

They're an ecm reflash. This has a multi tune flash which has a rotary switch to choose from 4 tunes. It also has a stutter, or 2 step built in. 2 stroke turbos are fun, they mph like mad. The NHRA changed the rules a few years back to limit non stock turbo sleds to 1/8 mile so this will allow me to race the 1320 legally. The torque of the 4 strokes is unreal.... They don't mph like the 2 strokes, but et well.

4. ss496

is the reflash software affordable for the average joe? Or are you dependent on a "tuner" to send your ECU to?

5. Mnlx

I'm unsure on what they use to tune (suspect it's something from Cat) so were dependant on a couple of shops for "box" tunes for about $700. Evolution powersports is advertising a new product to allow us to custom tune for about a grand, but I'm not sure it's hit the market yet.

6. Bernard

Bitedit is one of the programs available for tuning 4 stroke turbo's. The 4 stroke turbo section of hardcoresledders has a post with some info. Check your pm's.

7. Mnlx

Thanks for the info, I may have to look deeper into that. I plan to throw a wide band on it, and see how far the 295hp tune will take me. I think with some suspension tuning, and clutching it'll go 9.20-9.30's, and that's quick enough until I decide to make a turbo change. We've run Bikeman tunes in the 2012, and this has an Evolution tune which both appear to be quality with knock protection, and launch control.