1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

2006 mustang with 67 turbo tune question

Discussion in 'EFI Tuning Questions and Engine Management' started by Black06, Jan 1, 2007.

1. Black06

I had it tuned by a shop in the midwest I am not to happy with results it surges when you let off the throttle just driving around the side streets is worst at surging than highway driving also it runs way too rich any input on how to fix or any great tuner shop I should try I live near chicago il. ... Thanks for your time, Steve

2. Jay Meagher

Where is the mass air meter in relation to the bypass valve?

3. Drlee50

is it a 60mm turbo or a 67???? was it at cory's? auto trans?

4. Black06

When the bypass releases is when it surges the mass air is near the blowoff...

5. rickyhaiber

How close? Got a picture or measurement?

6. AirCharged

check out bob kurgan at www.kurganmotorsports.com he can tune that car for you no problem. great guy to deal with too. his number is on his webpage also

7. bgjohnson

You have to be careful who you bring those new mustangs to. Not too many people are good at the new computer systems combined with throttle by wire, make sure it's a reputable shop tuning the s-197 mustangs.