1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

BG Turbo kit on 92 GT

Discussion in 'The Turbo "Builds" Board' started by Rich G, Apr 6, 2009.

1. Rich G

My kit came in today, not gonna do a huge build thread but figured I would show some pics I know people like to see them.

Box of stuff

Started install

So far so good, no real complaints so far but the coating is pretty cheap it seems, scratches super easy and it wasnt completely even.. Cant complain considering it was a fairly cheap upgrade but would prefer better, maybe when I blow this motor I will have it jet-hot or something else.

Couple things
    1) Had to move my clutch cable, stock would probably work but I had the extended clutch cable, not sure where I am going to put it yet.
    2) Had to remove my charcoal box, definatly will need to find a place to put it as I cant go without it.
    3) Had to trim the sway bar mount pretty heavily, not a big deal and expected it.
    4) I have to make my own intercooler brackets, not too happy about that but its easy enough to do

2. Turbo_Baer

what kind of shape are your motor mounts in ? what brand ?

the costing most likely needs to get baked on when you fire that slug up :2thumbs:

3. chiaj144

You need to be carefull with the coating because it hasn't been cured yet. You'll need to bring it up to operating temp for a while to get it cured. Brian could probable send you a little bit to touch it up if it is bad.

4. Rich G

I will try to contact him today about touch up, its really hard not to scratch it while test fitting

5. chiaj144

I left all the plastic on mine while mocking it up. I actually installed most of the kit and pulled it off after it was done.

6. Rich G

I wish I would have thought about leaving the plastic on but I didnt even consider it.

7. Alex in Houston

That makes 2 of us :2thumbs:

[​IMG]#ad