1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

2 Tial 38mm Wastegates or 1 44mm. Which would be better?????

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by Ackbar00, Mar 14, 2008.

1. Ackbar00

:huh:

Been searching around on this and I was considering getting rid of both of my Tial 38's for a 44. Main reason? It would clean up the area a lot and making plumbing easier for me. Now, for the money question. To do this, I would be using this 38mm to 44mm adapter:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...m=270217407013&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=017

Anyone think wastegate flow would be compromised?

The combo will be a 351, heads, cam, intake on a T-64 making around 500 rwhp.

2. gottabeford2

could be wrong but i think a single 38 would be ok to 500rwph

3. Mr.MartyStone

Just dependant on how much pressure you'll have to bleed off to stay at 500rwhp. I think a single 44 wouldn't have a problem.

4. Ackbar00

Well, the reason I even went with two 38's in the first place, was way back when I first got everything together, I had trouble getting the boost below 15 psi. This was with a single 38mm. It was cheaper for me to buy a second 38 and have it plumbed in. Well, now, I think with my 351 setup, a 44 would do the job of the two 38's. But using that adapter, I was curious if it would provide enough opening for the 44 to relieve the exhaust pressure. I think it would, but I wanted to see what others thought as well.