1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

2 1/16th guages, need creative mounting ideas for a fox car.

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by UNTCHBL, Jan 26, 2004.

1. UNTCHBL

Guys, I'm stumped. I need to mount my boost and fuel pressure guage, but don't really want to put em on the a-pillar. If didn't already have the guages I would just get some 2 5/8" ones and put em in the vents.

So that being said, where and how would you mount em? Custom deal for the vents?

Any ideas or suggestions would be wonderful.

Brandon

2. White9T2GT

Since those are very important guages...I would put them on the a-pillar so that they can be in direct view. I know you dont want them there but thats the only place I would put them.

3. Snipe656

:withstu: ... I have them in my vents on both cars and find them to be in a not so great place to monitor. I have seen boost gauges put into black plastic under the defroster button, seems that would be even more of a PITA to monitor though.

4. CopMagnet

Or if you want to relocate your switches, you could mount them where the hazard / headlight / defroster, etc... buttons are...

5. UNTCHBL

So if a-pillar is the general method, what do the guys with 10 points do? Not that I need one anytime soon, just curious.

6. Snipe656

That is why my LX has them in the vents and about the vents. The cage got in the way of the pillar mount :( Now what I REALLY want but seems no one is capable :rolleyes: Is to put my three 2 5/8 gauges where my AC controls are then move my AC controls to where the ashtray door is, I have seen this done and loved the way it looked.

7. UNTCHBL

that was in one of the mags huh aaron? I remember that.

Will see. I only really have one option with this size guage I guess.

8. Snipe656

It was in my friends old GT, which was in a mag at one time. I have a 2 5/8 boost gauge in my garage I have no plans to use, I just slack to put it up for sale due to being too lazy to see what they sell for new.

9. UNTCHBL

which one is it aaron?

10. Snipe656

Jeff Mandry is his name, it was a green and titaneum(sp?) twin turbo GT. It was in MM&FF a few years ago, I do not even recall if it had pictures of the interior, I think it got in for winning true street one year.

11. SHEP

i have my boost in the a-pillar and my fuel pressure and i forget in the center vents, but the center vent thing i got from saleen and it has 2 small vents on the side so it does not block the vents totally

12. Snipe656

I have that Saleen one in my Saleen, I do not care for the fact you can only adjust the vents from side to side and not up and down. I have the Autometer 3 gauge one in the LX so no vents there, I plan to change it to a two gauge one though since I no longer need my transmission temp gauge.

13. UNTCHBL

aaron, which boost gauge is it that you have no plans for?

14. Snipe656

I do not know the model or part number though it is in the box at home. It is a autometer, black faced, and I think goes to 30psi. The only reason I did not use it is because I wanted liquid filled ones so swapped gauges. I have a oil pressure one too but it got dropped and is sitting at like 10psi and no idea if Autometer will warranty it, I have a shift light as well, I have a used black autometer 2 1/16 oil pressure to, then I have a barely used Autometer liquid filled transmission temp gauge.

15. Steed93

I think I am going to put my water temp gauge right under the radio where you are supposed to be able to hold a wallet in. If you have an aftermarket radio, like myself, you can buy an adapter and mount your gauges under the radio. The adapter you can buy at Radio Shack and is just simply a black plastic plate. Hope this helps. I have my boost, fuel, and oil pressure gauges in my AC vents.

16. Wicked6

If youre worried about the cage covering up the a-pillar why not get a cage mount pod, part # 4800, 4803, or 4806 depending on cage diameter?

17. White9T2GT

Some where I have seen mounting cups that go on the cage in the a-pillar location. I just cant seem to remember where I saw them.

18. mfpmax

Yeah, I think Autometer "may" now sell the cage gauge pods, saw them too.

19. cobra scott

Heres the panel I just made. I thought I would share, it's not done yet I still need to make a hole for the Pyro right next to it.

20. MORA

I have the magazine and remember the car. Fast MOFO.

Have you thought of mounting them in your rear view mirror?