1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

need help with single turbo exhaust setup, how to quiet my car down some pics inside

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by notchrocket, Oct 13, 2013.

1. notchrocket

hey guys need help figuring out how to quiet down this 4v turbo car its pretty loud around town , has anyone added mufflers to a setup like this? I was planning to remove the exhaust from fenders and run the down pipe on out to 4inch with a ultra flow right out the right front fender? but was thinink just add some small schoefield mufflers up in the fender in current pipe or maybe before it splits in the vband using the inserts , would it quiet it down much? any input appreciated , I like to drive the car on the street and put like it just a little bit quieter.
    Also would changing exhaust , or adding inserts or mufflers effect the tune of the car much? car has fast classic but just get use to the setup .

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

2. Gen1SVE

Re: need help with single turbo exhaust setup, how to quiet my car down some pics ins

passcollector.jpg #ad

4" muffler it exits under the fender I didn't want to cut a hole in the fender. It also gives more room for a muffler. From your pice it appears you may have enough room for 2, 4" mufflers.

passcollector.jpg #ad

3. notchrocket

Re: need help with single turbo exhaust setup, how to quiet my car down some pics ins

hey man thanks for pics. do you have any more and what brand are those mufflers? have you you had it on the dyno with or with out them?

4. Gen1SVE

It is a gutted aeroturbine, I had it sitting for scrap cut it open a re-welded it together, it is only about 11" long. I street drive the car, it is not loud.

I would look for any short bullet style 4" stainless muffler, or a couple of them.

It is much quieter than a z06 at full tilt.

5. notchrocket

http://youtu.be/XaNi5C3H6GU heres video of it at the track , car is loud through town and at idle

6. Gen1SVE

DSC_0511.jpg #ad

You can see the end of the muffler hanging down. I cut the flange off and welded the bend and tip directly to the muffler case.

- - - Updated - - -

Let me know if you want more pics I will take some more.

DSC_0511.jpg #ad

7. sbdgbody

nice pass but dam that thing is loud

8. Disney Lincoln

It looks like you have room to run it past the trans and to a muffler under the car. Can you not get a pipe through the Kmember/LCA area?

9. notchrocket

Thanks lincoln , not a whole lot of room in k area and though about putting it under oil pan but no ground clearance. i think im going to do a single 4 with a muffler out right front . which muffler do you guys think magnaflow or bullet? Also will changing the exhaust this effect the tune of the car much
    ?

10. Gen1SVE

11. Gen1SVE

IMG_20131016_181650.jpg #ad

IMG_20131016_181734.jpg #ad

A couple more pics...

IMG_20131016_181650.jpg #ad

IMG_20131016_181734.jpg #ad