1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

1995 cobra oil cooler removal HELP!!!!!

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by ddv005, Feb 3, 2005.

1. ddv005

I need to remove oil cooler from 1995 cobra, how do you remove oil cooler from oil block, and cooling lines ????

2. Disney Lincoln

To remove the cooler, just take off the oil filter and then you will see a hex shaped part sticking out of the cooler base that the fileter screwed onto. Untread this (15/16"?) and it will all come off. You can unhook the coolant lines at the water pump and intake and just replace them with standard lines for a GT, or make some new ones. This will eliminate the metals lines and all.

You will need a stock oil filter stud though to screw the filter onto. Yo ucan get em used pretty easy (I haev a couple here) or can get them new from Ford and maybe aftermarket.

3. ddv005

Thanks

Thanks for that, how did you get rid of the lines running along the intake ???? Seems like one of them goes into a fitting on the intake??