1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

1995 cobra cam OK for turbo?

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by hardhat, Feb 17, 2004.

1. hardhat

I have a 1995 Cobra that is basically stock (just has shorties, no cats, exhaust, MAF, TB). I have read (and believe) that the stock cam is junk for a naturally aspirated car, but plan on putting a turbo in next year. In the meantime, would like to change cam to wake car up. Considering Crane 2031 or some custom grind. Would stock Cobra cam be OK for turbo (if so I might keep it)? Would Crane 2031 be OK for turbo? Any suggestions as to a good street cam (stock longblock, max 10 psi boost)? I just want a cam to wake the car up until I can get a turbo in it, but don't want to do 2 cam swaps if I can avoid it.

2. Chris95svt

I ran my stock cam last year... ANd I'm running the stock cam this year too...

I hope to get a 10.50 out of the car with heads/cam/intake/turbo and DFI.

So I would say the stock cam in our cars are ok for boost :)

3. Alex332

i had Ed Curtis spec me out a cam for my stockish 95 cobra. Seems to have picked the car up pretty good, don't have any track/dyno #'s to prove it though.