1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

1993 Mustang Coupe - 357w, GT80r, AOD - Track Vids!!!

Discussion in 'The Turbo "Builds" Board' started by 1BAD6T6, Mar 12, 2012.

1. 1BAD6T6

Picking up where I left off on the 93 Convertible build.
    https://www.theturboforums.com/smf/the-turbo-%27builds%27-board/93-convertible-351w-80mm-aod4r-it%27s-alive-629-w-video!!!!/

[​IMG]#ad

I'm taking all the power train from the Convertible and moving it to the Coupe. Nothing is going to change because I didn't get a clean run out of it (mostly due to driver issues).

[​IMG]#ad

I have finally had the chance to put some time in on it. Here's some progress pics:

Interior is stripped for subframe connectors and 10 point cage.
    [​IMG]#ad

Subframe connectors are installed.
    [​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

Connectors extend into the rear frame 9".
    [​IMG]#ad

Upper and lower torque box reinforcements are installed and painted.
    [​IMG]#ad

Since I had the space and was painting the welds on the upper torque boxes, I removed the surface rust, cleaned and painted the rear section of the undercarriage.
    [​IMG]#ad

I had another gas tank laying around so I thought I'd give it the old college try and install a sump. It fit pretty well after some manipulating (BFH). I filled the tank with water and let it set overnight. I found 3 wet spots in the welds so I ground them back down and sealed them up.
    [​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

Last but not least, I got the rear end transferred from the Convertible to the Coupe last night. I'll take some better pictures soon.
    [​IMG]#ad

I still have a lot of work to do. I'd like to have it on the road by the end of April. We'll see what happens.

2. racesloth

Re: 1993 Mustang Coupe - 357w, GT80r, AOD

Nice work - White coupes rock!

3. 1BAD6T6

Thanks Dan. I agree!

4. watahyahknow

i allways feel like the tail of those cars is too short
    i think i would make a funnycar style spoiler to it to make it quite a bit longer
    [​IMG]#ad

maibe not quite that long but mounted simulair to the end of the boot

5. racesloth

Actually my wing is on its way and will be installed just like that... :2thumbs:

6. 1BAD6T6

Dan - Did you get your wing from Southern Outlaw Shop?

7. Dan

nice build

8. racesloth

http://scottrodfab.com/foxmustang.html

go to the bottom of the page... :chacha:

I wanted sill plates all the way out to the end - the SOS wings only go to the end of the trunk.

9. Mustangbrad94gt

nice work, will be watchin' this build :2thumbs:

10. Hemann

Yes they do. Wish I had one instead of this hatch.

Your work looks great.

11. Mike93SVT

looks like you're on track to a super clean build. the motor looks good and you seem to be taking the time for details. can't wait to see how it comes together. white cars are always faster to boot! :2thumbs:

12. 1BAD6T6

Thanks guys!

I ordered my 10pt roll cage for S&W on Monday. I should have it by the end of next week. I've been looking for some install pics that show the front down bars going around the heater/air box since I plan on keeping my A/C. I found Wolfe's install pics, but obviously that doesn't apply here since I didn't spend $800 on my cage. I'll make it work. This is my second S&W roll cage/bar so I know there is going to be some 'minor' touch up to the bars anyway. :welder:

I converting the car over to manual brakes. My '66 has them and I'm a big fan. I picked up a new master cylinder last night. I have the UPR conversion plate ready to go. I am using stainless steel lines for the front and rear. There are a couple differences between the 4cyl and the V8 brake systems so I'm going to start from scratch. Should be interesting. Has anyone taken the time to run the brake lines on the inside of the firewall? I thought I might give this a try.

I'm still in the process of stripping the go-fast supporting hardware from the Convertible. I've got half the fuel system pulled. What a PITA. I scrubbed down the new sumped tank and have it ready for paint. Hopefully I'll have the fuel system completely installed on the Coupe by Sunday.

13. supedstang

Ive seen brake lines ran inside the cowl panel, looks real clean.

14. 1BAD6T6

Had to put down the tools for a minute an go for a ride.

[​IMG]#ad

Roll cage came in a day early so I installed the rear out riggers.

[​IMG]#ad

My welds are getting a little better too.

[​IMG]#ad

Going to dye the plastics that came with the car. Black is going to look a little better than blue.

15. 1BAD6T6

Been working a little here and there. With Spring in full swing, soccer season and dirtbike riding for the kids has taken over.

I've got the rear portion of the cage tacked in. I'm working on the halo and A-pillar bars now. It's a little difficult to do solo. I'm going to use the 6"x6" plates supplied with the cage instead of adding the front out riggers. Putting in the subframes and rear out riggers wasn't too difficult, but adding another set is killing me mentally. I just want to get it back on the road. What do you guy think?

Here's a few pics.

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

I'm going to try and take some time off of work to finish the cage and paint.

16. Mustangbrad94gt

nice fit, you hold it& I'll tack it, lol

17. 1BAD6T6

Coming along slowly but surely. The hard part is done. Should be running by the end of the month.

18. 1BAD6T6

Wrapped up painting the cage today and began installing the fuel system.

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

19. 1BAD6T6

Starting to look like something again.

[​IMG]#ad

Megasquirt's new home.

[​IMG]#ad

20. racesloth

The white notch takes shape...