1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

1987 GT HATCH TWIN T-72 427

Discussion in 'The Turbo "Builds" Board' started by Uglystang, Sep 18, 2014.

1. Uglystang

RIP stock block 10/1970-9/2014
    Stock block 408w stroker block cracked above oil pan rail.
    New set up is Boss Block 427W Ford Racing short block.
    Vic Sr heads, Bullet Cam, Super Victor intake, Cx Racing headers, Pro Charger air to air, 750DP blow thru,
    Tranz King C6 w/brake, PTC3500,narrowed 8.8 33 spline/w-spool,ladder bar, 8.50 chassis cert, full stock dash (working gauges), street legal. Also now that car is apart I'm finally pulling out 4.56s and putting in 3.55s

2. strkdblwncapri

What times were you laying down?

3. Uglystang

9.30s-9.50s @ 143 were average the main set back was the rear gearing 4.56, If I would have swapped them sooner maybe 408 would still be cranking.

4. strkdblwncapri

Wow 4.56 is steep for that mph, you must have revved her out pretty good?

5. Uglystang

It lays over at about 1150' on rev limiter 7500rpm
    It used to be blow thru with centri blower the gears were badass for that setup, after I did turbo swap something would always come up and I could not do gears to busy between work and working on rest of car. This thing should be a monster now with new setup and 3.55 gear. Im trying to round up some more scratch for trick flow 240s.
    Does anybody on here have any input as to fuel ? C12/16 vs alcohol I will still be a blow thru no matter what

6. Venmousracer

Can't wait to see pics!

7. Uglystang

I barely know how to post and was even able to attach a link for YouTube video of first pass with gt35 turbos on another thread. I can't attach a pic for some reason it just shows a little blue square. I will get my wife to show me how to do that. I got my victor heads back today, titanium exhaust valves and Ss intake valves, 1050 QFT blow thru carb also came in along with new cometic MLX head gaskets. Tomorrow morning im changing the rod bolts from 8740 arp to arp 2000 then putting everything on and should be running this beast down broadway tomorrow night!!!

8. Uglystang

Got the car together and was in a rush to get to track finally arrived at 9pm.
    Went they tech no issue and planned on first pass being easy with no Trans brake, I had a .992 rt 2.8 60' still hardly any throttle still in vacuum, 7.3 1/8 then I gave it some throttle at half track and ran a 10.9 @ 140 and at the time booth the guy said that I oiled the track and we looked and found that a gallon of oil was left in hatch with jump box and box fell and punctured jug and oil came out back of car so I never got to do a second pass using brake or any real boost but man this thing pulls like a Mack truck even with new gearing 3.55 next week it's getting beat like a rented mule that I borrowed from my red haired step brother

9. 92LX-5.8

Wow, so you went half throttle with a 2.8 60ft and still rolled out a 10 sec. pass at 140mph. That is nasty!!!

10. Uglystang

I will post a video from tomorrows race, I ditched the t72s and went with Borg Warner S375s with .96 ar open scroll turbine housings also reworked headers no more cxracing hotside they are now DIY headers hoping for 8 anything should do fairly easy now and also picked up a 2 speed p/g it's a Hughes unit with sfi case not sure if I should cut bell housing off and use a jw bell or use adapter kit I just can't see what they do with starter in the adapter kit tci photos are not very good.