1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

1967 gtx build

Discussion in 'The Turbo "Builds" Board' started by jktwin, Oct 29, 2017.

1. jktwin

Had the car 37 years many changes sold stroker motor last year ran 10.30s40s bracket car,put together low
    b untitled.png #ad
    0212170952.jpg #ad
    1028171719.jpg #ad
    0829171818.jpg #ad
    udget twin turbo to learn efi ,has been very challenging but will never go back to carbs........446 cu stock block eagle rods,old trw dome pistons milled dome off,sidewinder heads no porting,edelbrock proflo intake ,102 mm throttle body,80lb decka injectors,ms3x megasquirt,jeep cam sensor replaceing dist,ls coils,gt45 turbos,lunati custom roller 600 lift 242 duration ex 236 int 115 lsa,aem water meth inj, probably 300 hrs of reading to understand efi and programming,runs 9 lbs boost 3.55 gear change driving to a few cruise-ins..have not been back to track since I got combo set up better as went for tuning runs 12.37 91 mph had overboost from to small waistegates partial run hope to put on chassis dyno to see hp numbers any guesses

Tuner Boost likes this.
  2. tbird

Cool setup.
    If you start having funky tune issues under boost, pull the rubber elbows off the inlet of the turbos and give it a try.
    They are know to collapse when the turbos are eating bunches of air.

jktwin likes this.
  3. jktwin

thanks for the info

4. Pro-SC

Very nice car.
    Have you considered a different air filter setup? It would be cool if you could fab up something like this to sit above the turbos in a box with a hood similar to what is used in early fords, aka thunderbolt style. It would look awesome and provide cool fresh air.
    Just a thought.
    Please post more details.
    https://www.wmsracing.com/wmsweb/sandb-air-filter-05-mustang-hvi-details.html

5. jktwin

yes those are a quick fix to drive and tune before winter hits

6. vinces427bb

does the super stocker hood & Scoop fit over those inlets???
    looks very cool, it would be great to hide that under your factory style hood...

7. jktwin

no they stick out a little bit,,,took it to dyno to put a safe afr tune 9psi made 560hp to wheels,needs air to water cooler thats this winter project

8. Uglystang

When I had twins I learned really quick about having elbows and filters on inlet side, they not bad for bracket deal but your definitely leaving a ton on the table if your running heads up, but really cool setup you have there.

9. Tuner Boost

What are you doing for crankcase evacuation? And what tracks do you bracket race at?

10. jktwin

i usually run lebanon valley ny, just have evac in catch cans

11. Tuner Boost

Just venting into cans or actual evacuation by vacuum and secondary suction source? We don;t run Lebanon Valley much, but E-town, Atco, and Numedia. Peter Biondo is Son in Law.

jktwin likes this.
  12. jktwin

well update put about 300 miles over this summer added ice box and intercooler,last week went to track,pump gas 3900 pound race weight with me ,9.8 psi 3.55 gears ran best 10.72- best mph 128.........last month i removed the gt45s and put some cheap 72-68 turbos with ar81 housings what a beast on the street....