1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

16 HP Turbo Briggs in Boat (Will it Work?)

Discussion in 'Turbo Motorcycles, Turbo Carts and other small engine turbos' started by 5.0FRED, May 15, 2016.

1. 5.0FRED

Sup everyone? Been away for a few years making babies, gettin fatter and drunk. Didn't have the funds for a large build so to feed the need i built small scale. I have a 14' flat bottom boat with a 16 hp straight drive inboard. Decided one day it needed a turbo. The kit is 90% complete. I fired it up with the factory carb just to check oil flow/return to turbo. All is good. next step is to remove stock carb and hook up charge pipe to intake.
    The kit includes a k&n air filter, 28mm flatslide mikuni and 21mm turbo. The mikuni needle and seat is good for around 5psi. I may use small electric mr. gasket fuel pump to supply fuel to this hawg. I also have an digital AFR gauge to help with tune.

Any predictions/suggestions??:cheers:

IMG_1946.jpg #ad

IMG_1948.jpg #ad

2. M&M Turbochargers

did you use one of the worlds smallest turbos ,, do you have a link to the turbo??

3. 5.0FRED

It's a Vz21 bought off of amazon. It came with all flanges needed to hook it up.

4. ivanhoew

is the seal on the compressor side one that will resist vacuum ?

5. realsquash

So how did it run????

6. 65ShelbyClone

I predict that it's going to burn oil...