1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

15 inch drag wheels w/ cobra front brakes?

Discussion in 'Non-Turbo Tech questions' started by Lingles Total Performance, Dec 15, 2009.

1. Lingles Total Performance

Im looking to buy a nice set of front 15 inch drag wheels for my 95' cobra for when I go to the track next year. I would more less like to find a wheel that would clear the factory cobra rotors & calipers without the use of thick spacers & long wheel studs? Any input would be appreciated

Thankyou

2. Djstorm100

in for asnswer

3. stangboy86

i know my convo pros are made in a way that the 3" front wheel does not interfere with brakes

4. Lingles Total Performance

I forgot to clear up that im running a drum brake rear so all im asking about is the front. Anybody running 3.5" billet specialties street-lites with 1.75" back spacing? Im thinking mabey just 1" spacers and 3" wheel studs would be ok?

5. Mike93SVT

not gonna happen without spacers. i have a 1/2 in spacer and it clears with plenty of room using street lites. probably could've got a away with 3/8's with ease. these are gt brakes, but the cobra's won't be much different for clearance

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

6. 96b.boy

i'm running cobra brakes on mine and centerline autodrags and needed three inch studs one inch spacers and still had to trim the caliper alittle to clear them

7. Turbo_Baer

using greg welds with 13" cobra brakes. i used 3" studs and a 3/4" spacer and it JUST clears. i had to grund the caliper on the passenger side to clear after i put new pads and rotors on. i might go with 3,5" stds to allow the studs to protrude out of the lug nuts to be legal.

8. 86lxnotch

just a fyi studs DO NOT have to protrude from the lugs to be legal. they only need to be engaged the thickess of the stud i.e. 1.2'' stud needs 1/2'' of thread engagement

9. Turbo_Baer

thats what i was told by the tech at epping...

10. 86lxnotch

i wish more people would spend the ungodly expensive amount of $10 on a damn book lol

11. 96b.boy

they sell a rule book .... :doh:

i kid i kid

12. Lingles Total Performance

Anybody have any pics of there front wheel/ cobra brake combinations?

13. 96b.boy

i'll take some tomorrow for ya