1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

1100hp 5.3 with a gt4708?

Discussion in 'Newbie and Basic Turbo Tech Forum' started by turboexplorer, May 30, 2013.

1. turboexplorer

Is it possible? I'm trying to settle on a combo for my ultra street car and find this idea appealing. Would like to get some back ground from you guys that may have done it.thanks in advance!

2. Beatdown Z

What are the specs on that turbo?

Do you want to do this with a stock shortblock?

3. turboexplorer

Lol no its not a stock short block its just you standard gt4708 80 mm with a .96 ar t4 flange as per the rules

4. Beatdown Z

Just making sure, haha. I think it can be done. Good heads/intake along with a custom spec'd camshaft will help you hit that number a little bit easier.

5. turboexplorer

Yeah it is a long rod 5.3 6.125 rod and custom piston stock crank and trying to decide on a head for it .

6. MONTEGOD7SS