1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

1.76 PG Planetary

Discussion in 'Suspension, Chassis and Tire Tech' started by vht, Feb 9, 2022.

1. vht

What is a good price on these? I've been seeing $350 for a !.76 planetary, are they actually getting that for them? I got 2 of them and if I could get that for them, I'd sell and buy me a 1.80 straight cut set. I figured maybe $150 would be more like it but maybe I haven't been paying attention lately, some of these prices they are asking for used parts is crazy.

2. B E N

Used parts are high across the board right now. If that's the sell price for you list em up and see if you get it!

3. Mnlx

Plenty are asking dumb prices right now, but many are not getting them. I just bought one complete trans, and another 1.76 gear set, all for $125

B E N likes this.
  4. vht

You can't find PG stuff around here hardly at all. I bought a 1.76, JW bell housing, and all the internals including a nice stk pump, no case for $200, found a nice case for $150, Pro brake valve body with solenoid with some other small parts for $175. A friend of mine has a PG with a brake that has maybe 50 runs on it and I'm building him a 350 turbo to trade for it. The 350 will be a pretty nice trans when I'm done, he's putting his S 10 on the street. I had to buy 2 350 turbos in order to build one, they had been rebuilt by somebody that didn't have a clue on what they were doing. I'll have close to $700 in the 350, maybe more. I'm going to try the 1.76 unless I get a decent price out of them. I ran 8.70's with a stk 1.76 and it never broke.

5. Mnlx

I've seen plenty of supergas cars with stock cases, and 1.76's. Even the stock case builds are not cheap to build once you add a good bell, and all the goodies. I think we have just over 1k in parts.

6. vht

Nothing cheap anymore, Go Brandon.

7. Mnlx

Nothing is cheap, because people are paying stupid prices for things.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2022
    B E N likes this.
  8. B E N

I'm thinking it might be the right time to clean out the spare parts shelves :)