1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

1/4 Mile Times (finally!)-updated again

Discussion in 'MOPAR Turbo Tech Forum' started by nitrousr, May 27, 2007.

1. nitrousr

Finaally made it to the 1/4 yesterday with the car, ran 135 mph at 10.32 on 9 pounds of boost so i expect 9s will be easily there once its cranked up :D. I let my comp license expire and the car will have to be recertified so didnt want to take any chances on getting kicked out so didnt up the boost , will take care of this before the next race.[​IMG]#ad

2. turbocuda

Re: 1/4 Mile Times (finally!)

How much you expecting to turn it up?????

3. rdakota340

thats awsome got any video of that run! :2thumbs:

4. nitrousr

Plan is to run 15-18 pounds eventually, hoping for 9.50s at 140. No video yet had 2 cameras both quit working but there was others there so maybe i can find some yet.

5. Robert1320

Nice Car!

6. CW25

Damn that is gettin' it done. :2thumbs:

7. blown71duster

Good deal :2thumbs: It's got the show and the go!

8. nitrousr

Re: 1/4 Mile Times (finally!)-update!

Got to make some licensing passes today, car went 9.96 at 140 still leaving very softly. Unfortunately bent 2 pushrods probably due to valve float, time to drop the gears and up the boost.

9. Lucky13

Nice ride :2thumbs: and very sweat times, looks like its getting there a little at a time. Did you turn the boost up for the 9 second pass. It may be possible that the vavle springs are getting over come by the higher boost. But it could be you where just reaching higher rpm to.

Jess

10. joaks360

Very nice. Is this still with the same double pumper? Did you do anything else to the carb or ignition? Badass ride.

11. nitrousr

Turned the boost up to 15 pounds, our engine builder thinks the exhaust pushrods are the weak link and they take the intakes with them when they go. Had to up the jets in the carb 5 sizes front and back but the plugs still look a little lean so 3 more next time. Made the boost retard curve a little more aggressive on the last pass and picked up almost .15 in 60 feet so i think were on the right track

12. slo5o

Thats a damn good looking car.

13. Anthony Fury

Yeah, +2 - that thing is beautiful! And fast!

Who did the flame-job on the inlet pipe? It looks awesome.

14. nitrousr

Thanks, flames and body paint were sprayed by Dan Kopeck who s a painter at our local ford dealership. I was looking for a little color for the engine compartment and he mentioned he had been experimenting with the technique so it kinda worked out lol.

15. nitrousr

[​IMG]#ad

16. FastmOp

That thing looks so tough. love the layout and attention to detail :2thumbs:

17. tilt

WOW is all i can say.That is killer too! :2thumbs: :chacha:

18. blimpy63

congrats...good to see a mopar gettin things done

19. nitrousr

Lost on a holeshot at our street car shoot out today >:( race was run on a pro tree something i have never faced (give me the drop of the arms any day, you street guys will no what that means ;)) any how car ran 9.5 at 144 mph so my goals for the year have been met. Time to start wrenching spring is only 8 months away lol

20. Anthony Fury

That's fast!! Congrats! We are going to need a vid soon. :)