1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

1/4 mile guess? what you guys think it will run

Discussion in 'Carburetor + Boost Tech Questions' started by Dans SS, Oct 31, 2006.

1. Dans SS

alright guys goign to be getting to the track in the next couple weeks i hope if i can get my exhaust welded up in time. but i have a 86 Monte SS

383sbc
    callies crank
    luani rods
    JE pistons 8.2:1
    D-1 15PSI
    EV hat
    AFR 227's
    holley 800CFM Carb shop
    34* timing retard 1* every pound of boost
    Super victor
    1 7/8 headers
    3.5 X pipe Dynomax mufflers
    Hyd roller 600" 240 duartion
    2004r 3200 Viganlte
    Weight 3500

Im really hoping to get in the 9;s with this combo what are your guys thougths??

Thanks alot
    Dan

2. Dans SS

Anyone??

3. rs8073

if you use c 16 i would run 34 total with no retard being you have low compression i got 36 total in mine 36 total on c16 you should have no problem getting in the 9's are you running a cog or serp if it's a serp keep it real tight it's gonna slip the belt no matter what you do but it will run in the 9's good luck

4. ls1killr

I would definelty think 9's are possible. May not get it on the first try, but definetly has the potential.

You have any dyno numbers?

Jeremy

5. Dans SS

well i wnat to just run pump gas and get in the 9's with that. no dyno number yet i hope to soon tho. also i am running just a 12 rib serp setup i have it pretty tight right now i figured it would slip no matter what but i dont really want to put cog on this blower i plan on getting a bigger blower in the future and i will get cog for that setup. i hope you guys are right i woudl love to see a 9 sec pass!

Dan

6. MUSTANG B

I'd say it can be done! It would be easier if the car were on a diet though! :D

7. Robert1320

G-body cars are heavy to start with. Mustangs have an advantage there for sure.
    A loaded Monte from the factory was about 4000 lbs. These are full frame cars.
    Don't forget once you get to the 10s you need a cage. 9s car needs cert.

8. Dans SS

i have a 6point cage in there right now. its mostly a street car thats why i have low compression so i canrun pump gas i would like to take it to the track everyonce in a while jus wnt to see what it can do. i maye end up racing it more tho down the road i will see how it goes.

Dan