1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

04 Volvo S60 over boosting and more

Discussion in 'Newbie and Basic Turbo Tech Forum' started by Galaxy, Apr 27, 2020.

1. Galaxy

Okay so it all started when I put my new turbo in the car ran really good for the first drive but was building around 15 psi of boost and but with no stutter or backfire but once I parked it and want to drive it the next day and time I kick it down or try to build boost as soon at it hits anything more then 8psi the the car starts to back fire and I gave me the engine code for over boosting and for my turbo control valve and now it's only building about 2 lb of boost until it hits 4,000 RPM and then peaks at around 10 lb and stutters sometimes and sometimes it just takes off I'm out of loss and don't know what to do can anyone help

2. 91turboterror

What are the code numbers? The stuttering might have something to do with your ignition system. Gap? Plugs?

3. gruntguru

All sounds related. ECU thinks its overboosting and cuts injection.