1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

'03 4.6 2v non-PI stock E150

Discussion in 'Ford Modular Forum' started by Steven, Dec 19, 2016.

1. Steven

So I have this '03 E150 work van, pure stock, drives great, 120K miles, but I no longer need a van, and getting my 454 done and into my '86 Camaro is taking too long. The 4.6 already runs well.
    IF I did this swap, could this 4.6 take 9 psi? More?

2. thenwhat85

So you want to but a 5.4 in your camaro? I say do it. And 9 psi is pushing it on a 2v. If the tune was really good you could do it but anything over 450 is borrowed time. Though there are plenty of people running more hp and still living

3. Anthony_Havoc

Were the 03 vans even PI ? I know some of the applications went on forever as non-pi 4.6. Like mentioned, we always stopped at 420. It's just not safe to go any further. I know some have made 500, blah blah, majority of them dont live. I'm a Ford guy, man do I dislike the 4.6/5.4 engines, and I've owned 3 of them! lol

4. 1hcam

My old stock 2v made good power at 16lbs. I put hundreds of passes on that old wore out motor. Still ran like a champ when I sold it. Like said above though, I've seen motors on less boost take a shit. Depends on the tune up.

5. thenwhat85

My dad's 02 e350 has pi heads so I would assume 03 does. Get some coyote rods throw them in and out the boost to it