1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Master Power GT45 Exhaust V-band HELP !!!!!

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by justa306, Nov 12, 2007.

1. justa306

I need to know where to get the exhaust housing v-band clamp and flange for my MP GT45. I've spent more time on here and the net searching, Than i have in my DIY kit, :bang: I know someone has the answer i just can't seem to find it or any other solution.. Thanks for any help

2. cold69bird

check with miketurbo inc--he is a site sponsor and should have what you need

3. Alain K

i had one machined and found the clamp at napa.

4. GotBoost

Pro Turbo's has them....but I know I got one from someone else....I believe I just ordered a 3.5" V band from a vendor on here...it came with 2 flanges and the v band clamp!

5. justa306

I sent mike a pm, crossing my fingers that he can get me hooked up. Whats the site for pro turbo's? I looked and didn't find anything

6. Chacata

7. justa306

I sent forced inductions a email and never got a response. I'm just trying to find it as quick as possible, This is the only thing holding me up..

8. Chacata

9. justa306

Thanks for the info, I'll look into it

10. BigDumbRedneck

I got mine off eBay from compucar03. Look him up. He was running low on it but maybe you'll get lucky. Don't buy one from forced inductions. I ordered one in July, never received it, waited until October, and finally just cancelled the order. Still trying to get my money back.

11. cold69bird

be careful with pro turbo--they apear to have closed down or something.the website is still up but i have two guys that i have talked to that have ordered off the site and used a card.still have yet to get items and cant get them to answer the phone-its been several months already--not sure what is going on but i would be leery of them

12. justa306

I called F.I. and he told me to call spd exhaust, So long story short. They told me they never made that flange/clamp or have anything close. Also said they never sold to F.I. I have no damn clue. I'm talking to clampco about making the flange/clamp combo. So if i get anywhere i'll post it up and make some other peoples builds easier than mine.

13. justa306

also sent compucar03 a message on ebay to see if he can lead me in the right direction

14. rtz

What did MikeTurbo say?

15. 5.8 Bandit

Try one off of a Powerstroke. I think that is what Brian used on my old gt45 kit.

16. justa306

never got a pm back from mike turbo. I'll look into the powerstroke.

17. 5.8 Bandit

I also remember Brian had a spacer ring in there also. Give him a call at B&G custom turbo.

18. justa306

Ok, I'm pretty sure i found the solution. I just got off the phone with Reid from www.reidwashbon.com. Super Nice guy, Actually took the time to talk and explain things. Anyway What us guys running these gt45 turbo need is there low profile shallow retainer flanges and clamps. The part number is vbf-350m&f for the flange, he has to machine the male end off the flange. And the v-band clamp is vc400srt. It was 44.50 for the flange and 40.50 for the clamp. Hope this helps :2thumbs:

19. Chacata

Fo sure it helps. Thanks to you.

20. 5.8 Bandit

glad you found a solution