1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Head Bolt torque/gasket/and how much boost/bolt size

Discussion in 'Non-Turbo Tech questions' started by Razzys Wagon, Aug 27, 2007.

1. Razzys Wagon

ok, just curious as to what everyone is running,what style gaskets and what head bolt torque everyones been running and how much boost have you seen with your setup?

any pros or cons on step sequences youv'e been running would help the newbs as well as me........ ;)

felpro 1133's
    85 flbs top
    75 ftlbs bottom
    7/16 ARP studs

lifted with 12 lbs,(but had a little detonation),been to 14lbs. :2thumbs:

next........ :chacha:

2. Drlee50

felpro 9333
    1/2" studs, 110 lb tq top and bottom then retorqued after 1st heat cycle to 115 top and bottom.
    27 psi boost at 20 degrees on dyno with no failure. regularly run 20 psi and 20 degrees

3. Razzys Wagon

what type of fuel do you run in yours?

4. Drlee50

100 octane

i may go up to 116 and try to add some timing and boost. i have other issues i need to get worked out 1st. i have not got the car to 60 ft yet. its running 127mph in the 1/8th but only 1.6x-17x 60ft times. traction and suspension tuning and a 2-3 step rev limiter should get the car in the 8's.

5. Razzys Wagon

6. Mikes88Stang

7/16'' ARP Studs Lots-O-Molly and torqued 3 times with a new Snap-On torque wrench.

75/65

You can really hurt things over torquing the lower intake manifold. Keep it around 10-12 ft lbs...