1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Best cylinder head on a 331 and 408w turbo motor

Discussion in 'Newbie and Basic Turbo Tech Forum' started by crazyjay, Feb 15, 2007.

1. crazyjay

1.whats mostly everone using on a 331 turbo motor.
    2. whats everyone using on a 408 turbo motor.

this will be a race 4 bolt dart block with billet internals. im going to make around 1000 to 1200hp.

im startin a new project asap and need some help. thanks for any help. much appreciated.

2. Bobby

Re: Best head & compression ratio on a 331 and 408w turbo motor

I would try taking a look around the "builds" forum. Lots of answers in there. If it were me, on a 331 i would use some AFR 185's. On a 408, i would go with AFR 225's. For a pump gas, street car application, i would get the compression somewhere between 8.5:1 and 9:1. Also, the SEARCH function is a great tool on this site.

Good luck on your 1000 horsepowers. That is alot of horsepowers.

3. Jess

Re: Best head & compression ratio on a 331 and 408w turbo motor

+13

450 can scare you if your green.

For a street motor I agree with the above at around 9 to 1