1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

BG CUSTOM TURBO blowthru 347 done with dyno vid on pg 2

Discussion in 'DIY and Junkyard Turbo Tech' started by KINTARO, Nov 27, 2006.

1. KINTARO

oh yeah blow thru well the engine is a 347 8.8-1 cr tfs 185 cnc heads victor jr aed custom blow thru carb custum bennet racing cam BG CUSTOM TURBO hot parts it made 430 rwhp in n/a form so im just going to boost about 9# and see what happens its a dss level 20 stock block h-beam rods girdled and studed all arp hardware more pics soon :chacha:

DSC00469.JPG #ad

DSC00460.JPG #ad

DSC00461.JPG #ad

DSC00463.JPG #ad

DSC00465.JPG #ad

DSC00486.JPG #ad

DSC00488.JPG #ad

DSC00466.JPG #ad

DSC00467.JPG #ad

2. KINTARO

i need to get moved to the builds board

i got some stuff on........ that downpipe was a bitch to put in but its in.....i had the parts ceramic coated at b&g should the coating scratch off with the smallest ding i mean they got scratched with the rubber mallet :huh:

DSC00471.JPG #ad

DSC00474.JPG #ad

DSC00478.JPG #ad

3. blownpony

Re: look what is getting a turbo

are you sure you weren't accidentally spraying a 175 shot when you got those numbers :scratch: ...and at 8.8 to 1??
    If it actually made that kind of power, do you really think that stock block will stay together with boost on it??

4. mtrain

he's right, the even DSS can make up for the lack of meat in the stock block. I think if you making that kind of power NA I would stick with that and be happy untill you can buy an aftermarket block......Mike U

5. stroker351

Its looks like its too late!!!!LOL

Good luck with the build man keep us updated with more pics and vids!!!

John

6. KINTARO

no i dont have any nitrous i just followed a good combo that i read in a mag and it worked pretty damn good i know the block is the weak link thats why im just going to use as much boost as i need to make 600rwhp and thats it nothing more maybe less ill get some vids on monday :2thumbs:

7. KINTARO

working on more pics

DSC00480.JPG #ad

8. .347_stang

DAMN GOOD LOOKING SETUP! good ol blow through setups make it easy when positioning the intake piping

9. vnmous93cobra

looks sweet, and very nice numbers NA, it oughta be sick with a little boostage :2thumbs:

10. B&G CUSTOM TURBO

Re: i need to get moved to the builds board

Yes they will scratch easily until they are fully cured you must be carefull. Whats your last name I'll check and see if they were a full cure or a partial. I haven't fully cured any in a year or so.

11. B&G CUSTOM TURBO

I'll also send you out a little to touch up the scratches before you full cure them

12. KINTARO

last name salinas

13. 86lxnotch

lookin good

say buh-bye to the block though

14. KINTARO

15. Samhain

Re: look what is getting a turbo "WITH SMALL VID"

That my friend is sweet!

16. 90hatch

Looks good!!!

Not to sure who kit that is.. i didnt read tha far so if you posted it an missed it sry..

But I'm not to found of the 02 sensors being right in a row like that.. we did some testing not to long ago with that on the new deisels having the ECM sensor, Lambse and LAM final all in a row, They were getting some wacky reading on the ECM's

ended up being when you put them right in a row like that it block flow to the back ones and can give varing a\f readings..

Just a thought since your not efi i dont thinkg it will matter as the only probe you would have is for a ECM ... sry wideband..

17. DaOnE51T

Sweet project :chacha:.........Now lets see a WOT video!LOL ;)

18. 90WHTGT

19. B&G CUSTOM TURBO

Hi,
    The hot side kit is made by us. B&G FABRIATIONS
    Have been doing the sensors that way for the last 3 years with no issues so far on any readings.
    Thanks,
    Brian

20. KINTARO

THANKS YALL for the comments. im working on nice long video for you guys so give some time. i dont know how to put my digital 8 video on the computer how do you guys do it thanks. :2thumbs: