1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Its coming around!

Discussion in 'Carburetor + Boost Tech Questions' started by bsharer, Nov 1, 2006.

1. bsharer

I did the vent tube mod last week. Went from 70/80 jets and a PV to 65/75 jets and no pv with the vent tubes. Car ran terrible. Could not build boost at a stop, car would not accelerate, no throttle at speed. Hooked up an LM1 tonight and set the jetting to 65/65. Idle and cruise were fine, WOT and slowly getting into the gas harder it was way lean. Like 19:1. I called Kevin and also Dave@Majestic. Both had some good ideas. Lucky for me, Dave is local! Dave came over to the shop with tools & parts in hand. We took the carb apart and end up with... 68/69, 39 squirter on front, 37 squirter on rear, moved pink cam on front, moved dark green cam on rear, high speed air bleeds .031 up front and .025 back, left the idle air bleeds at .055, left the pvcr at .081, set base pressure, adjusted floats and reinstalled the pv in the front. Now the car will rev clean up the shift light in neutral, the BOG has been virtually eliminated, it will build 10# on the trans brake really quick, and it will roast the street tires anytime you want. Cruise is between 13.2-14.1, transbrake its low 11's, and WOT is between 11-12 with 15# of boost.

:2thumbs:
    Bryan

2. bsharer

Thanks again Dave for your help tonight!

3. Brent Davis

Great job man. Glad to see it coming around for you. You've been battling with a car that used to be at the track every weekend. What happened, the baby? ;)

Dave is the man too. :2thumbs: He's always helped me with turbos and stuff :chacha:.

Oh Bryan, do this man.

https://www.theturboforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=71826.0

4. MUSTANG B

I've got too ask, Why so many changes all of a sudden...Wasn't the carb already set up from CSU or No?

Great that Dave got you going...Whenever I build my street car after the Race Car thing and I sell...A custom one from CSU will be on mine/Gasoline..... :chacha:

5. Brent Davis

302+big turbo+CSU750=Tuning, tuning, tuning plus Bryan didn't even have his LM-1 hooked up to even know what was going on :bang:. The carb was more than likely sent richer than the motor needed. I think Bryan made changes without having his wideband, therefore got it outta specs from when CSU sent it to him, that's why the changes of many.

6. MUSTANG B

Gotcha! Thanks... :2thumbs:

7. BlownShovel

Glad to see you got it sorted out. Sure frustrating to chase gremlins out sometimes. Especially when th ebasic stuff worked pretty well for years :bang:

Yep...Dave is a good guy...very knowledgeable and helpful :2thumbs:

:withu: Careful my Man Careful :D

Walt

8. bsharer

Gonna put on some QTP 28x11.5's and head to the track tommorow night. Havent been since FFW Houston 04... LOL!

9. BlownShovel

Good Luck B...Try to grab some video if you can...
    Later
    Walt

10. MUSTANG B

:dito:

Be caereful..... :2thumbs:

11. blk93cpe

Glad to see it is going to the track again!!! What track??

12. Boost Engineer

WEre there any emulsion changes from the way CSU set them up?

Tom V.

13. bsharer

7.10 @ 100 & 7.16 @ 98 :(

I was really low on trans fluid. On one pass the shift light seemed like it wouldnt go off. Went to top it off and it wont take fluid, it just sits in the tube. If I drive it then the fluid will go down so you can get a reading on the dipstick. We eventually overfilled it and called it a night when it puked fluid out on the transbrake.

What would cause that? Blocked vent? You can blow on the vent hose and it will push fluid out the fill tube, you can suck on the hose and get trans fluid. Maybe there is fluid in the bottom of the vent hose and it wont vent? On the drive home it pushed out fluid everywhere.

ARGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

14. bsharer

Took off the vent tube and found fluid trapped between the trans and reservoir. It probabbly would work the way I have it if the dipstick was sealed and locked to the tube, then it would vent to the reservoir. The fluid can not 'push' up into the tank. Im going to move the reservoir where the muffler would be on a fox on the pass side and have the line come back and slope down.

15. Brent Davis

Damn Bryan is the avatar the truth? Is that car really running fine or what? :lh: :lh: :lh: :rofl: :rofl:

16. bsharer

LMAO! Who made that my avatar?!

I ran this sunday, best was a 6.41 @ 107.xx with a 1.46 60'

17. BlownShovel

Nice Runs...don't know about the avatar...
    Walt

18. bsharer

I think I know who changed my avatar. :D

I like the new one better...

19. Saleen91

That's WAAAAAY too long!

20. ducatibrian

bryan,
    you gotta watch out for a bored mod in this section-us unassuming guys get the shit all the time :bah: :D