1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

TheTurboForums.com Forum Rules.

Discussion in 'Site Announcements, Help, Suggestions and Constructive Feedback' started by Trentk, May 10, 2004.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trentk

[Trent's rules have been copied to the post below so he won't have to deal with PMs and email which should be directed to TTF/TM Ken.]

2. TTF/Ken Staff Member

Note, this is a virtual copy of Trent's post, with updates to reflect the change in ownership, a couple of minor spelling corrections, and racism clarified. The racism policy hasn't changed but it makes it clearer up front so we hopefully have less moderating to do. Let Trent enjoy his time not having to hassle with things he doesn't have to and contact me instead. :)

---------------------------------------------------
    Scroll down for the classifieds rules.

GENERAL RULES
    Arguing over politics, guns and religion on a car forum is pretty dumb, so if you can't handle it then stay out of those threads
    PLEASE DON'T WHORE UP OTHER THREADS WITH YOUR POLITICAL CRAP. Limit the guns and politics posts to guns and politics threads. I don't really care if you have a political related avatar, as long as it is work safe.

Also the whining, bitching and moaning about the rules has got to stop. This board has very few rules and thanks to all of your carrying on we have lost a very good moderator who was tired of everyone's crying.

Please remember the only person who represents the site is "TTF/TM Ken". The moderators opinions do not represent theturboforums.com The moderators are here to enforce rules. If you have a problem with one of them PM me.

1. DO NOT POST IMAGES OR AVATARS THAT ARE NOT WORK SAFE. If there is ANY question in your mind about if something is work safe, DO NOT POST IT. Never, ever attach images to a post that are not work safe. This includes using the image tag to show NWS images. Avatars that aren't work safe include closeups of boobs, butts or other stuff even if it is covered up. If I PM you to change your avatar and you cry about it I will probably just delete your account, it really isn't worth my time to deal with crybabies.

2. New members can not post in the classifieds. Our classifieds are meant for forum regulars. Our classifieds are not just another spot on the Internet for random people to post their crap for sale. See the classified rules for details.

3. No Flame wars and personal attacks.

4. No Racism, antisemitism, ethic slurs, etc. this is a car bs forum not a KKK forum.

4. Limit the guns, politics, religion agenda to a few threads only. Do not whore up someone else's thread with your stupid agenda.

5. Don't whine about the rules or give moderators crap. If you have a problem PM them or me.

6. Keep the bs in the bs area. NO WHORING OF TECH POSTS.

7. Businesses may not post ads, if a business is interested in becoming a site sponsor so they can post ads please contact me. Businesses may not reply to posts and say "part xyz will work for you, contact me for details" or other similar postings that are obviously advertisements.

8. Business may not advertise by putting their contact info in their signature or by trying to promote their services/products in threads. This means you can not put a link to your business in your signature. This also means that your avatar or location can not be a mini advertisement for your business. Nor can you use your business name for your user name. Nor can you hint about or disguise your business role when discussing products and services you make, sell, sponsor, receive discounts for, produce or promote. Rules 7 and 8 also apply to non business owners who are constantly pimping non ttf.com sponsor products or shops. Sponsors of TheTurboForums may advertise with a business user name, signature, avatar, etc. as well as other privileges promoting their business. Non-sponsors cannot skirt the rules by asking people to contact them via PM or Facebook - it breaks the spirit of our sponsoring vendor rules - any non-private party sales by non-sponsoring vendors is against the rules whether or not they contacted you first.

9. The BS section is for general discussions and should be PG-13. All R-rated material goes in the Members only TM After Dark forum. If you want access search for the after dark thread that has the sign up information.

10. If you have a bad experience with a shop, company, or person who is a member here please make ONE level headed review in the reviews section. Your review will show your side of the story. DO NOT go around bashing the other person in multiple forums or threads, that will not be allowed it only creates DRAMA and we hate DRAMA.

11. Signatures Due to all the whining and complaining I have had to add these specific guidelines for user signatures. It is ok to thank a sponsor or shop in your signature, just don't make it a giant list, keep it to one line only, nobody wants to read your 4" thick list of shops every time you post. Business contact info and links are not allowed in signatures (as noted above in several other rules). Don't post the name of shops or people who have been banned from this forum, there is a reason they were banned, we don't want to hear about them anymore. DO NOT PUT VIDEOS OR IMAGES IN YOUR SIGNATURE!

POST COUNTS- Posts in certain forums, like the BS forum do not count towards your post count.

IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN BECOMING A SPONSOR PLEASE SEND ME A PRIVATE MESSAGE OR EMAIL.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Classified Rules
    https://www.theturboforums.com/thre...ad-before-posting-in-the-classifieds-sections

(Edit on 11/03/2012 to fix formatting from import from old forum software.)

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
bridal-shoal