1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

ALAX7 Lincoln LS V8 Turbo

Discussion in 'The Turbo "Builds" Board' started by wildcardfox, Jul 1, 2011.

1. wildcardfox

This is a turbo kit that I am finishing up for a customer. The kit is designed to fit the DEW98 chassis which includes the Lincoln LS/Jaguar S-Type/Thunderbird- practically all the same car just with different skins. Well this is the second LS that I've built a kit for and its coming out pretty good.

Here are some pics of where I am on the kit, I'll have it all buttoned up next week, and throw it on the dyno before I get back to my own car.

Just a few more tweaks and I'll be happy :welder:

But before that, a long weekend break and hopefully lots of fireworks :D

Oh, and How about that... this is my 500th post :chacha:

Turbo kit specs:

all Stainless tubing, aluminum intercooler piping
    Garrett 68 mm turbo, .81 A/R backside
    BTI Intercooler (Garrett Core)
    PMAS MAF

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

2. 90lxnotch

thats bad ass what kind of power you thinking? i have always wanted a turbo lincoln ls

3. wildcardfox

where going to run it at 10.7 psi... it should make 390-410 rear... We'll make sure that we set it at a safe power level. Down the road we'll work on upgrading the internals and let the owner turn up the boost to make 500 rwhp.

4. n97240

Nice work!! Holy transmission pan!! What transmission is in those?

5. wildcardfox

Thanks. This model is an auto- not sure the model number of the trans.

6. Z06killinSBF

Very cool. For some reason I always liked these cars.

7. wildcardfox

I'm with you there. They are nice looking cars, but they need more power. This will solve that problem.

8. 90lxnotch

what internals do they make for the 3.9's?

9. wildcardfox

They're aren't any upgrade kits that I know of. The crank is forged, so we are good there, but the rods and pistons, I believe are hypertechnic. We'll be figuring out some upgrades to let these cars run more power.

10. FoPar

wow, gr8 car, gr8 build and gr8 work :2thumbs:

11. wildcardfox

Thanks man.... Hopefully we'll get it done this week. :welder:

12. nickscalypsocoupe

Any word on this build? I'm very interested in knowing what kind of power it made! Nice work BTW!

13. wildcardfox

Just finishing it up. I'll start the car tomorrow and have vids and the numbers within a few days.

here are some of the pics that I took from yesterday. I had to plumb the wastegate back in and it was a terror! :doh:

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

14. Hotrod406

It appears that someone has a talent for fabrication! Nice work.

15. wildcardfox

Thanks man :spam:

16. De-Marko

Looks good!!!!! I wouldn't mind having one of these on my LS.

The transmission is a 5R55N 5spd auto.

17. 96Tangg

Very nice fab work. I always wanted an LS but the lack of power and upgrade options to give them the power kept me away.

18. wildcardfox

Well de-Marko it's members like you who made this a reality. You guys found me, and over the course of pm's convinced to make a kit that I swore I never would again- mainly because the last experience working with the shop made me feel like this ----> :bang:. This time around its been a pleasure and working with Alax has been nothing but great. Its real easy going the extra mile for a good guy. So this kit exists because of you guys. Heres to you. :cheers:

Thanks. Yah they are very nice looking cars, but they need a power adder, in my opinion, to really bring the whole package together. Yah the lack of aftermarket does suck, but we're here now, and were committed to giving these owners options. Aggressive body styling, big brake kit 4 and 6 piston (this LS is actually getting the full brembo treatment, 4 piston front and rear- I just need a week to take a breath before I install the fronts. I have 3 cars on my plate right now, so its Hella hectic), Coilover springs, engine swap kits, engine upgrades, etc. I have a list of parts that I have to complete before I move onto another vehicle platform.

19. luckythirteen13

i love hidden turbo kits :chacha:

20. wildcardfox

Yah me too. Stealth is a major requirement that I usually add into the design of a kit, especially being in California. Not having to worry about popping your hood at shows or if you get pulled over. It's more work to make all the stuff fit, but it's well worth it.

If you think that's hidden check out my own build... It made this kit seem like a walk in the park. https://www.theturboforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=149251.msg1503219#msg1503219