1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

First hits on Magnum performance budget turbos- BIG THANKS TO MODULAR TURBO!

Discussion in 'Dyno Results and Track Times Forum' started by tirefryin_s10, Jun 2, 2011.

1. tirefryin_s10

First a little back story:

The car is my 79 zephyr street car that has the following for a combination:

370CID iron block
    Ported 317 heads
    Fast 90mm intake
    Edelbrock 90mm throttle body
    Truck manifold twin kit
    Custom Air/Air
    3350lbs
    275 drag radials

The old set up was twin master power t70s and the best the car ran was 8.62@159 with a 1.34 60 ft on 22psi/17-18* timing @ sea level.

I took the car out this past weekend after making a few changes including going to magnum performance 76mms(journal bearing) and even with BRUTAL 60 fts the car performed very well:

[email protected] and [email protected] with a 1.44 60 ft :nod: but the impressive part is it did this on only 17.5psi and 16.5* timing and at an elevation of 2500 ft and a DA of 3700-3800ft.

So far these turbos are kicking some serious ass for a budget unit! I am quite sure once I turn the boost up and get the 60 ft back where it was the car is going to run some strong numbers. There was some other changes to the car which will effect et and 60 ft but the mph speaks for itself!

Big thanks goes out to Robert from modular turbo for hooking me up with some good units that make serious power and dont break the bank!

[​IMG]#ad

2. CyanJaguar

how much do they cost?

3. tirefryin_s10

Give robert a call at modular and tell him I told you to call he will hook you up! :2thumbs:

4. CyanJaguar

5. PrecisionTurboMustang

6. tirefryin_s10

Modular will give a much better deal then VS i assure you.

7. CyanJaguar

$1000 is still not too bad but definitely not as budget as the master powers.

I wonder what twin mp76s would compare to these units.

8. PrecisionTurboMustang

Is modular a site sponsor here? VS will pretty much beat anyone's price on anything, especially for forum members.

9. tt97cobra

Nice mph!!! why do you think your sixty slow down (the more power)??? to use a controller to ramp the boost in???

10. tirefryin_s10

Swapped to a glide and have not had a chance to sort it all outt yet.

11. jridenour31

Re: Re: Re: First hits on Magnum performance budget turbos- BIG THANKS TO MODULAR TURBO!

The one's that cost $1000 are ball bearing models, journal bearings are about the same same price as Master Power.

12. tirefryin_s10

Went 8.57@162 this weekend with a lazy 60 ft on19-20psi. In the HEAT and the da was north of 3000 for sure. Mine are regular journal bearings and work killer!

13. Allen2001GT

Love the ride! Congrats on the 8.57 :2thumbs:

14. tirefryin_s10

well its been a long time since I updated this but the combo ran a best of [email protected] and put down 1108rwhp through the auto.

I am now working on a new combo. :-X stay tuned for details :2thumbs:

bridal-shoal