1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

93 Nissan 240sx LS1/T56/Backhalf... Turbo in progress.

Discussion in 'The Turbo "Builds" Board' started by Slo_240sx, Jan 16, 2011.

1. Slo_240sx

93 Nissan 240sx Forged 370+GT4788 Lets make 1000hp :)

Hey guys, I havent posted my build here so I decided now I should since i am beginning to mock up my single turbo kit.

The car started as a shell back in 05. It was one of the first ones with an LSx fitted to this chassis. As it currently sits:

LS1/T-56 - 420 WHP
    Ported Heads, Patriot valve springs retainers
    Weiand intake
    Futural F14 Cam
    Refreshed stock bottom, flycut pistons
    Lingenfelter Ported oil pump LS2 timing chain
    Stage 2 T-56, Viper 3-4 shift fork, billet keys, Carbon Synchros
    3" Aluminum driveshaft
    Backhalf, 4 link, Ford 8.8 narrowed, QA1 Coils, Strange 31 spline axles, TruTrac
    Weld 15x10 wheels, 325/50R15 MT Street Radials, Skinnies front

Here are pictures:

Last edited: May 30, 2013
  2. Slo_240sx

93 Nissan 240sx Forged 370+GT4788 Lets make 1000hp :)

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

Last edited: May 30, 2013
  3. Slo_240sx

Delete post please.

4. Slo_240sx

Still havent figured out how to take nice pictures with this new Droid X... Sorry for crappy pics.

Boost plan:
    7PSI on this motor, Forged 6.0 iron block in the future
    T76 - The one pictured is for mock up, its a Ebay GT45
    2.5 cross over w flex pipe and V bands merged to a T4 flange
    3.5 Downpipe, Vband
    4" intercooler w/ 3" IC piping
    Tial 44mm Wastegate
    Tial 50mm BOV

Fuel - Fuel rails, 80# injectors (I have brand new 60# for sale/trade) Boost reference regulator, twin Bosch 044 fuel pumps, all AN lines and fittings.

5. jaywill

super nice build :2thumbs:

6. MUSTLX50

That is going to be one nasty ride, good luck with it man. :2thumbs:

7. n97240

very nice!! :2thumbs: You have any track times with the old setup?

8. dug

whats with that gigantic camshaft in the 2nd indoors picture? :huh:

killer looking car, I like the fatties out back.

9. wetback

Hey where exactly are you working on this? looks like a storage, then an apartment complex, the a huuuuuuggggggeeeeeee!!!!!! shop. lol I don't need to know address just seems like everybody can do pretty much w.e. there. I see some lifts but don't see any tool boxes. Its confusing and its freaking me out!!!!!!! :stupid: lol not really but just curious

10. Slo_240sx

Thanks guys I appreciate the comments! When the fatties were good out back it went 10.9 with a 1.4 60'. Hoping for single digits after this :)

The camshaft? haha I need to post another pic.... Meet Cam Man lol..

Wetback, That Marine Corps base Camp Pendleton, CA. It is our Auto hobby shop. 6 dollars per stall per day, lifts are 6 dollars per hour. There is a tool room where we check out tools. They have everything you need to do anything, tools are free to rent. Its one of the few perks of being in the military :)

11. watahyahknow

that is a nice place to work on cars indeed , heared a lot about those ebay turbos; theres a clip on youtube about a car running a bigblock and two of those hidden under the front fenders .
    there was a mention about taking them apart and checking for metal shavings left in them during assembly but other then that all was good about them

i like the car behind cam man , allways was a sucker for the nascar/stockcar looking cars
    its a mean look without being overbearing you dont need expensive rims ( stockcar/nascar style rims dont cost an arm and leg and a lot of parts are available second hand from raceteams ) or extensive sheetmetal work and they usually ride ok on the street too , do you have any more info on it ?

12. dug

I like cam man! and the ride...

13. 331StrokerStang

Looks awesome man!

14. MarkFJ40

The wife had a 240SX. I thought about doing a SR20 swap when the motor shit the bed. I never thought about dropping a turbo V8 into it.
    :cheers:

15. Slo_240sx

Wata, the owner of the talon is from my old town of Detroit. Last I remember, it was getting a full built motor and custom turbo setup, by now he should be well into the 10's.. and i'm pretty sure the owner is about 21 lol.

Mark, I had the engine before I even had the chassis haha. I've been wanting this swap since 04, and planned to do it before i even had a car to put it in. 05 I finally did it.

Here's some progress, sorry for the horrible pics once again. I've finished making the turbo bracket that will hold the turbo to the frame. The great idea came from the V10 Sniper build on here, where he fabbed a bracket welded to the T4 flange which bolted to the frame. Going to work on the downpipe and cold side today. Should have most of everything wrapped up within a 2 weeks.

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

16. denmah

17. tls_zx3

very nice looking build. nice job on the backhalf :2thumbs:

18. terdstang

Saw your car when I was stationed out in 29. Thing is super clean and the work is also very clean. Cant wait to see how it does when finished.

19. wetback

I wish there was something like that out here. $6 bucks an hour for a lift? That's as good as it gets. Plus u get the tools and everything...all you need is a car, money for parts and a wild imagination. :2thumbs: This thing is looking great. So uhhh what's going on with that other Sylvia next to yours...looks really clean, anything as good as yours under the good? SR20 or something? I do see an intercooler so its gotta be something interesting.

20. nos10racer

this is a really cool build