1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

1968 Barracuda "S" 411" B-engine with T6 S480 B/W

Discussion in 'MOPAR Turbo Tech Forum' started by CUUDAK, Jan 7, 2011.

1. CUUDAK

1968 Barracuda "S" 411" B-engine with T6 S480 B/W

I cried a bit after I cut the Fish,

Ahhhhh heck!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Then I got out the frick'n bodysaw out and went to work!! I will reconfigure the inner apron when I get done with the downpipe. I can shrink & stretch a piece to fill in the butchery... When i'm done it will look like it came that way. I have plenty of clearance to get the 5" downpipe turned down towards the torsion bar. At the bottom of the 5" DP will split to 2 3" mandrels. Right side will follow original route out the back and the left will crossover behind the bellhousing and 90 back into its original route out the back.............................................. ... Of course this is all speculation at this point!! LoL!!

Looks like I have a bit more room along side of the block than I expected. Will see how the 3"logs are gonna turn out running into the T6 flange.

More pics,

1mockup 013.JPG #ad

1mockup 014.JPG #ad

1mockup 015.JPG #ad

1mockup 016.JPG #ad

2. turbofreek

Re: Here we go!! 411" B-engine with T6 S480 B/W

I was wondering when you would start cutting on that thing.

If you Need anything I got some stuff I'm the classifieds for a b block all new stuff.

3. CUUDAK

Sure will! :2thumbs:

4. CUUDAK

Bracket for the Turbo,

turbo bracket 001.JPG #ad

turbo bracket 002.JPG #ad

turbo bracket 003.JPG #ad

5. turbofreek

So what are going to do about the missing inner fender support of the shock mount?

6. CUUDAK

It will be added back when I am done with the mockup. It will be a little bit shorter. I will reconstruct the inner fender so that it will look like it came that way. Then I plan on running a piece of tubing from the outside of the front frame rail and across the top of the shock tower and into the firewall attached to a 6"x6" plate. I have come to realize that it will need a cage so this will be tied into the front downbar with a 6"x6" plate and tubing to this downbar. Mainly for my saftey not NHRA rules. Remember, this is a streecar. I still won't have a problem running at the local tracks when it is time.

It'll be sweet!

7. turbofreek

I've debated in cutting my entire inner fender out and attach it to a down bar on my cage as well. However many heads up classes would shit a brick and dq me for something like that I'm sure. I know I can't so it and run pump gas drags for sure.

8. CUUDAK

Not here!!
    More cage the better. There are a crap load of heads up classes here in Texas. There is a Big race on the 15th if it isn't rained out. Alot of "out of state" cars supposed to be coming.

mlkblack.jpg #ad

9. CUUDAK

Well,
    Me and my pops started the hotside today. Wow this is tight! Building 3" logs as well as 3" crossover. This is the first setup. I might change them at a later date. The entire hotside will be wrapped with DEI Header wrap with the black silicone spray. I will paint the hotside with VHT 2000 degree flat black paint first after I get them blasted.
    the pipes look a bit rough where they enter the T6 flange but we are gonna make a sleeve there for the transition. Should look pretty good once completed. The logs are gonna be a chore. Hopefully they will be ok??

More pics,

hotside 001.JPG #ad

hotside 002.JPG #ad

hotside 003.JPG #ad

hotside 004.JPG #ad

hotside 005.JPG #ad

hotside 006.JPG #ad

hotside 007.JPG #ad

10. CW25

Same spot I put mine and the mechanical fuel pump make for a great drain spot. I like the support bracket.

11. CUUDAK

Thanks,
    I want the car to have a completely stock appearance when someone walks up to it, that is until the hood is open! :chacha: I can retain the stock hood too! I am also making a pump block-off plate with the drain in it as well. Might supply the timing chain with a bit more oil than the slinger does?

I made the bracket with 1/4 inch plate. It still has a bit of play in it from front to rear. The logs should stabilize that.

12. CUUDAK

Got to work on it for a couple hours and got it tacked up. This is going to be a real PITA with the right side log. Somehow gotta be able to get to the sparkplugs..

progress 004.JPG #ad

progress 005.JPG #ad

progress 006.JPG #ad

progress 007.JPG #ad

progress 008.JPG #ad

progress 009.JPG #ad

progress 010.JPG #ad

13. CUUDAK

Got a half a day in these. They ain't very pretty but I think they will do the job. I was concerned about the top pipes angle into the log but it is what it is!! That very first hole may be an issue too. But it will all fit under the stock hood, even with the 5" DP. I can get to all the header nuts and sparkplugs either from the bottom or through holes in the apron.

Anyhow here are a few pics of the pipeline facility!! :eek:

progress 001.JPG #ad

progress 002.JPG #ad

progress 003.JPG #ad

progress 004.JPG #ad

progress 005.JPG #ad

progress 006.JPG #ad

progress 007.JPG #ad

14. CUUDAK

My pops is building his own "Carl-tracs" for 3 of our cars. Looks like they are gonna be pretty good!! :welder:

carl-tracs 001.JPG #ad

carl-tracs 002.JPG #ad

carl-tracs 003.JPG #ad

15. turboplymouth

^^ Always wanted to try to build some of those. :2thumbs:

16. CW25

Really not that hard. Built mine with a angle grinder and a hand drill. Now of course I have a plasma cutter and a drill press. LOL That would have been real easy then.

17. CUUDAK

Started the driverside log, still gotta cut the top angle. My dumbass cut the 90's pointing down the first time :doh:.. That why the ends are butchered but they will be cut at a 45.

progress 001.JPG #ad

progress 002.JPG #ad

progress 003.JPG #ad

18. CUUDAK

deleted

19. furious70

looking at these pics it's hard to imagine the rear dump early logs exited and hit the steering box? Seems like the exit would be well ahead of that.

20. CUUDAK

Well,
    got the driverside log done. This Aluminized piping is a PITA to weld even after grinding the coating :bang:... Will dress these welds and run a wide pass to confirm seal.
    O'well, looks like it will be usable!

progress 001.JPG #ad

progress 002.JPG #ad

progress 003.JPG #ad

progress 004.JPG #ad