1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

08 Yamaha Nytro snowmobile - 2860rs

Discussion in 'Turbo Motorcycles, Turbo Carts and other small engine turbos' started by t_thall, Jan 18, 2010.

1. t_thall

Finally starting to get enough done on my sled that i thought i'd start a thread! Sled is an 08 nytro i picked up this fall, Uses a 1050cc three cylinder dual OHC four valve engine. Engine has carrillo rods, JE "big boost" pistons - 9.5:1, head studs, mild porting and valve job, and cleaned up the chambers a bit. It has a 2860rs turbo w/tial housing, synapse wastegate and synapse BOV, Header is mild steel with ceramic coating inside and out. Removed the rad and installed a tunnel cooler to make room for a nice big intercooler over top of the engine. Gonna use Rapid Bike 3 to tune it. Plan is to run around 12-14psi on the prairies here on pump fuel and about 20 when i head for the hills! Got a lot of work left but here is what i got so far.
    [​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

hdwgfx likes this.
  2. 72swinger360

Is it a kit or did you fab all the piping your self? Looks good. What kind of hp are to trying to get out of it?

Jake

3. WISHIKNEW

300-400 hp in a sled :chacha:

4. t_thall

fabbed er all up. probably run around 240 on pump fuel, should be able to run 300 on good stuff.

hdwgfx likes this.
  5. wildcardfox

Wow impressive :2thumbs:

6. t_thall

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

7. MONTEGOD7SS

I always wanted an Aerodyne turbocharged Thundercat. Back ten years ago they were getting 350-400hp out of the big 2-stroke triples with their VNT turbos.

8. t_thall

thought about doing a two stroke but at high boosts they don't have the longevity of the 4 strokers

9. badblacklx

This thing is going to be scary fast.

10. NewTune

Very cool. Did you go with the Tial housing to do away with the internal waste gate?

11. t_thall

yes, wanted to run smaller a/r housing and a larger wastegate to reduce the lag, also wanted the v-band fittings.

12. NewTune

Disco Potato on a sled. Now I've seen it all.

13. huffer

and I thought a 600 triple was to much for me....lol

last year ;)

14. corner worker

a few years back, I put a 14b mitsu turbo on my ZX-10. At 10lbs of boost, the damn thing was almost un rideable. I cant imagine those power levels on that size engine, in something designed for snow use..... good stuff.

15. boooost383

subsrcibin :2thumbs:

16. t_thall

There is a company called Impulse turbo that makes an off the shelf kit with a Gt3071r!

17. NewTune

That's bad ass.

18. 6.0

I hope you have more luck with your synapse gate then I ever did. Tried every spring out there that they sell and couldn't get the thing to hold anymore then 8-9lbs.

19. t_thall

Ya me too, i've been reading about quite a few issues with them since i bought it. Everyone seems to love the BOV but it sounds like the gate is overly complex and hard to get high boost out of, we will see i guess!

20. t_thall

got the intercooler finished, added a tunnel cooler to replace the radiator i removed, built intercooler mounts and started building the ducting for the intercooler.
    [​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad