1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Anyone one have a good picture on a 4.6 2V Breather setup

Discussion in 'Ford Modular Forum' started by 96Tangg, Oct 14, 2009.

1. 96Tangg

Looking for ideas on how to best set mine up.

2. wiplash

Here's mine. -10AN off of both valve covers into the Moroso seperator. I put a fitting into the exhaust to scavenge more blow-by from the seperator if need be, but so far it has worked perfectly as it sits. [​IMG]#ad
    [​IMG]#ad

3. stangman9897

Very nice 2V setup really clean. What are the spec's.

4. 96Tangg

Great, Thanks kind of what I was planning just wanted to see if it was good. Very nice set up.` :2thumbs:

5. wiplash

Thanks, I messed up, it's actually -12 off each valve cover.

The shortblock is an 01 Cobra WAP block half full of hard-block, ARP main studs, .020" over, Mahle pistons, Manley H-beam rods/ARP 2000 rods, Cobra crank, Patriot St2 heads (cleaned up a little further, back cut valves, shimmed Nextek springs), HiTech custom turbo cams, stock intake, Accufab plenum/75mm t-body, Turbonetics T76 .81 a/r exhuast, 3" downpipe, dual 3" from bellhousing to tailpipes and Magnaflow mufflers. Injectors are 96# FAST's and am running twin GT pumps/BAP/Fore billet triple hat in a Cobra tank. I'm running E85 with 16 lb's or less, and 110 gas above that because I'm out of pump for now.

I've also blew a hole in my second plastic intake so I'm in the middle of installing an Edelbrock Vic. Jr right now. I'm excited about the intake because the car made 731rw with a hole in the stocker!!!

6. 96Tangg

Nice set up. I am gonna be habppy with anything close to 600 on 93 octane

7. stangman9897

How did you run two hose's to the catch can. did you hook one up to the drain or weld another bung on the can.?

8. wiplash

I welded another bung to the can.

9. Ego Killer

this is on my crown vic but you should be able to run a similar setup. it works great no oil on the valve cover and great vacuum. i ran -10 from pass side to the driver side then down to a catch can i made. then used a crankcase evacuation sytem run to the exhuast.

Rich

[​IMG]#ad

10. candyroush

I run a pcv valve on the left valve cover and a beather on the right
    [​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

11. stangman9897

Do you have a breather filter on your can or is it a closed can. If it has no filter on the can then it's not a breather setup it's a vacuum setup with a closed catch can right. Im not telling im asking. What ever it would work good on my low mount turbo's to help oil drain back.

12. Ego Killer

correct, no breather. it's a vacuum setup with a closed catch can.

13. stangman9897

Thanks btw nice clean set up.!