1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

MSD boost timing master, plubing pressure to it

Discussion in 'Non-Turbo Tech questions' started by Greenturbo, Mar 24, 2009.

1. Greenturbo

Im currently installing my BTM and noticed something i dont like
    the box has this tiny little 1/8 brass barbed fitting for the boost/vac feed.
    has anyone changed this to a real fitting of some kind?

I used a small wrench to turn it but it felt very un natural and sprung back a 1/4 turn ..
    I dont want to open the unit up, it may void the warranty.

2. 72swinger360

If nobody has an answer, they have a pretty good tech line. (get to speak to an american!)

3. Greg O

I have yet to fire up my new blow thru set up but I know what you mean. For now I just T'd the 3/16" line off of the base plate on the carb with 1/8" hose. The 1/8" goes to the BTM and the boost guage on the other. I am a little concerned, but I'll give it a shot as is. More later...

4. V8Astro

I was using the exact same box with my blower at 6psi and never had any problems.