1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

CDR performance Robert Rosenburg found guilty of embezzelment

Discussion in 'General Discussion Forum For Non-Auto Topics' started by 93_SVT_FREAK, Nov 19, 2008.

1. 93_SVT_FREAK

2. furchaser

Re: **** PLEASE READ.....IS THIS TRUE ? ****

One thread has allready been deleted , this one will be too.

3. PrecisionTurboMustang

I guess robert is deleting the shit while trentk is gone.......?

4. furchaser

CDR Performance # 317-445-3719

View Profile WWW Email Personal Message (Offline)

Re: DIY - Mild Steel HEADER KIT
    « Reply #42 on: November 17, 2008, 04:31:21 PM »
    Quote from: furchaser on November 17, 2008, 03:12:41 PM
    You have mail Robert. Thanks again
    Ron

Right-on, They will ship in the morning! Two Thumbs Up!

I sure as fuck hope this happened before not after :doh:

5. PrecisionTurboMustang

I will say that I have never read a negative thing on here about him ever. So if he has pending orders I would assume that he is going to ship them? I always though it was kind of scary having an authorized advertiser as a global moderator..how do you know he wasn't deleting posts from people complaining? I don't think trentk would have let that happen anyway. It is just crazy though...I wonder where all the cash went.

6. furchaser

I would imagine that what has left the building allready will be shipped and everything else seized.

7. TT_05_Stang

INDIANAPOLIS, IN - Timothy M. Morrison, United States Attorney for the Southern District of Indiana, announced that Robert Rosenberg, 41, Indianapolis, Indiana, was sentenced to 16 months imprisonment today by U.S. District Chief Judge David F. Hamilton following his guilty plea to wire fraud. This case was the result of a investigation by the Federal Bureau of Investigation.

Rosenberg was employed as a purchasing manager at a Sealed Air Corp. manufacturing facility in Indianapolis since around 2001. Sealed Air makes commercial packing materials, such as foam boards. ROSENBERG's duties including buying routine items for the facility. He was given a corporate credit card for work-related purchases and had a discretionary limit up to $4,000 per transaction and $40,000 per month he could charge without prior approval.

Beginning around October 2003, ROSENBERG began using his corporate credit card for personal purchases. Items would be delivered to the plant and he would pick them up at the loading dock. He continued this scheme through October 2007 when the corporation identified suspicious charges attributable to Rosenberg and confronted him.

Rosenberg immediately quit his employment. Audits of all of Rosenberg's charges on his corporate credit card attributed $613,014.27 in personal, unauthorized, charges by Rosenberg that were paid by Sealed Air.

Most of the items purchased were tied to Rosenberg as he used the credit card to fund a drag racing business of his, so many of the charges were to auto or racing equipment supply businesses. The FBI has conducted its own audit of all the records and confirmed a loss to Sealed Air of approximately $613,000.

Rosenberg had a racing business called "Chaos Drag Racing." A search warrant executed at Rosenberg's house, which had a large pole barn on the property, uncovered hundreds of thousands of dollars in car parts, which correspond to the purchases he made with the company credit card. Those items have been seized and are being stored by the FBI. The government intends to forfeit these items, and sell them and apply the proceeds to restitution.
    According to Assistant U.S. Attorney Winfield D. Ong, who prosecuted the case for the government, Chief Judge Hamilton also imposed two years supervised release following Rosenberg's release from imprisonment. Rosenberg was ordered to make restitution in the amount of $613,014.27.

8. 93_SVT_FREAK

I have never heard a bad thing about him.......Just a real surprise to me.

9. 10secgoal

Only thing I could think....or with the lawsuit problem lately, just didn't want to deal with it. Still absolutely floored by this. As if it wasn't hard enough to make a living. When "the good ones" do this, wtf are us noobs supposed to do ? Tomorrow someone will post another vendor that been smuggling drugs for the past 6 years.....

10. Leftoverchinese

I hate to go with a cliche' but he always seemed like such a nice guy. I hope my motor isn't affected by this. I'll have to ask Robert about it in the morning. I tried calling him but his phone was off. :(

11. PrecisionTurboMustang

Maybe you can get the number to his cell....

12. Leftoverchinese

I always thought the number I had was his cell. Seems he has turned it off for the night.

13. flash

Wow!!

Thats all I can say. :doh: :doh:

14. huafist

Holy crap. This was completely unexpected. That really sucks.

15. furchaser

I didn't think they allowed cell phones in the brig.

16. loweredd

Man, I ordered quite a bit of stuff from Robert. This is sad to hear.

17. vwdave

Ive ordered a ton of stuff from him (including a few things I still as of yet have not paid for.) I am completely in fucking shock over this. Ive spend numberous hours on the phone with robert and have never heard a single peep about all of this. Out of the blue about 1 month ago, he stopped taking my calls and stopped returning calls. I guess it all kinda makes sense now?

18. PrecisionTurboMustang

No sweat..somebody paid for them.. :D

19. DIL

Man...You never know I guess..... :doh:

20. Bad Medicine Racing

No he means the phone by the cell...