1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Old question, But i need to know the answer plz!!

Discussion in 'Newbie and Basic Turbo Tech Forum' started by kingmeirl, Apr 25, 2008.

1. kingmeirl

"If you tap directly from the oil pressure sender, will there not be too much oil pressure running through the turbos, or am I just incorrect? NOt questioning anyone's judgement, just trying to figure that out for my setup...Also, to plumb the drain lines, did you guys have to remove the drain pan to do that, or did you do it still on the motor in the car?!? I REALLY don't want to have to pull/lift motor to remove pan...any suggestions?

Nick"

2. FAST93LX

i been meaning to ask the same QUESTION! can some one answer this please :2thumbs:

3. PrecisionTurboMustang

You really should pull the pan to install drain line. As far as feeding the turbos from the oil pressure sender...where else would you get oil from? The amount of pressure the turbo (s) need varies between brands of turbos and the model. If you need to bring the oil pressure down for the type of turbos you will be using it is pretty simple.

4. Daddy

I agree you should try to remove the pan and have a bung welded in, but you can punch the pan and thread a fitting in there if you want.

Are you going twins or single? Here's the diagram I used for twins, I have to add that to the list one day. For a single on the passenger side most people are using the Vortech instructions, of which I'll have to find and add to the list some day as well.

Finally here's an instruction sheet for helping you to punch the pan.

Attached Files:

5. kingmeirl

Daddy, you are the man. VERY helpful thankyou!!

6. chowder48

Kenwoth trucks dealers have this cool little tool that they drill a hole in the side of the truck then put in a threaded insert,cycle the tool like a poprivet tool and it crushes the collar and lock onto the edge of the hole, they will put a little sealant on it when its on the outside of the truck to keep rain out. it then is a nice little nut insert, i believe they call it a blind nut? drop by or someone here might be a wrench at a kw dealer and know more about the way it works, but it would work for installing a return without pulling the pan.

7. ziptie007

We tap into the pressure line on all of our installs with no problems. Also for the drain we just punch the pan and tap it then put some selaer on and run the fitting down. Make sure you grease the tap.... and flush the oil.

8. kingmeirl

I found out it is called a blind rivet. and you have to drill the pan for it to work...

9. chowder48

ahh... i knew it was a blind something couldnt remember what tho... yes you do have to still drill a hole to start the install. but it might simplify the install. they are very strong when installed correctly, I would think it would be a lot stronger than punch and thread but that would work too. You would also have less possibility of chips and junk falling into the pan.