1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

eliminating smog stuff

Discussion in 'Newbie and Basic Turbo Tech Forum' started by culookn, Jan 8, 2008.

1. culookn

getting ready to remove the smog pump, lines, etc from my 92 gt motor. i know this is a basic "newb" question but on the back of the heads, where the two hard smog lines bolt up to the heads, what do i put there once i remove them to keep anything from going into the heads

2. flash

Ford sells a set screw that will fit in there if I remember correctly.Dont remember the part number though.

3. culookn

any idea where i could get it

4. flash

Any Ford dealership?I did a little search and came up with this as a part number......F4ZZ6E086A

5. Daddy

I've seen someone on here use a Spark plug (it's apparently the same thread).

Otherwise I know on mine the guy before me just cut the tubes off the piece that bolts to the back of the head (left about 1/2" of tube) and brazed/soldered the tube shut, seems to work fine for me.

Or if you got access to some steel I'm sure you could make a little piece to cover those holes up.

6. vader_turbo

Trickflow makes a plug for them too and the spark plug guy was funny. He said he was going to tell ricers it was a v10. :doh:

7. racesloth

El cheapo - pipe plugs fro Ace hardware - no issues.

8. culookn

might just have to try that lol

9. culookn

can i just remove the pump and route the belt accordingly or willi have to get one of those eliminator brakcets that frpp makes

10. River City Speed

The thread for the back of the head is a 5/8 course thread. Shouldn't be to hard to find. I used to use a 1" long 5/8" bolt in them. I use set screws now. It's not a tapered thread.

11. vader_turbo

I did but I don't have an original ac car. If you don't have ac and need a part number for the belt tell me.

12. culookn

post that part# please

13. vader_turbo

No problem. As soon as I get home. :2thumbs:

14. Daddy

I just gutted my pump. I took the smog pump off the car, opened it up and removed the vanes, then put it all back together and back on the car. Simple, easy, and free.

15. vader_turbo

:agree: also a good option. I only removed it and ran the short belt because I wanted to lose weight as I don't give a shit driving a gutted street car. I allready have a DD

16. vader_turbo

Ok here's the part # 725K6 is the belt. It fit mine perfect and it still hasn't streched enough to come in contact with the wp pulley, so it should work great fo rall you non orig.A/C guys

:2thumbs:

17. smokin03cobra

i just cut the ends off and flipped them over and switched sides......super cheap

18. stangboy86

5/8 inch (i think) threaded rod. screw it in and cut it off