1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Finally turned it up for 1 run, 68 Dart, 318/7675/Pump Gas... Video inside!

Discussion in 'Dyno Results and Track Times Forum' started by topfueldart, Oct 19, 2014.

1. topfueldart

Well I haven't posted on here in a long time, but finally got around to turning the car up a bit and made a respectable run. Quick breakdown of the combo.

68 Dart, 3550 lbs with driver, no rollbar
    318 +.030, good internals, stock block
    Lightly ported Edelbrock RPM's
    236/236 595 595 Bullet Solid Roller on a 112 centerline
    M1 Single Plane, Homebuilt 650 DP with zero tricks
    Precision 7675, completely homebuilt kit/headers, etc
    727 with transbrake, 9.5 inch PTC converter
    Dana 60 with 3.55's
    325/50/15 ET Street Radials

I've raced the car for the last year on 7 lbs since it isn't legal faster then 11.50, it had been as fast as 11.16 @ 125 but that's a bit misleading as the car would start to boost creep above 6000 RPM. It was legitimately around an 11.40 car @ 120 it if only made 7 lbs.

Decided to attend a local dyno day earlier this month, drove 30 miles there and made a handful of pull. Swapped the 6 lb spring for a 10 lb and added a couple degrees of timing, ended up making 520/500 on the last run while heatsoaked. Drove to the track, pulled the exhaust and front sway bar, and made one run, then was quickly notified that I was on an 11.50 limit for the rest of the weekend.

The run felt amazing, although im sure there is still more to be found in the combo. Unfortunately, this weekend rained out and thats the end of the season up here in the Northwest, so it'll have to do until spring. The car should have a cage by then, so it will be ready to rock.

http://youtu.be/-YBLbwc-ZXM?list=UUnqa0A3d5UY-D4CStAvYWNw

IMG_0615.JPG #ad

2. fastspec2

Super cool. Great job.

3. rdakota340

WOW looks nice great job!!

4. Wedgeamacallit

Very nice! Congrats

5. topfueldart

Thanks! It's been a long road but that run made it worthwhile.

6. Sweet5ltr

That's ridiculous in a good way! Awesome run and it's making great power.

7. dodgestrike

Awesome, Great job ! headers look really nice I'd love to see a build thread on the car

8. HOTMOPR

Howdy neighbor!:hand::hand:

Who built them headers? Looks nice! great pass too!

9. topfueldart

Thanks bud! I built everything, headers included.

10. 3pedals

Looks good! Soon youll be looking for parachute stuff........lol

11. franktf

Nice lookin ride and great results too!!!!! :2thumbs:

12. rustynuts

Very nice! A friend of mine has a 68 Dart GT with a 383, he needs to slap a turbo on it. Don't see too many turbo mopars where I'm from,very cool build.

13. BlownShovel

Glad to see that blast. Congrats. I'm sure you are itching to get a 9 sec run. Prior to that any chance on cage etc?

the 500HP seems low to me to run a low 10 in the car but maybe it was a stingy dyno

14. topfueldart

I think the fact the car was heat soaked killed the power pretty good on the last run. I'd like to get another couple runs with the car cold for a more representative number, as well as a bit more boost and C16. That may not happen before I go to EFI though, we shall see what the winter holds!

15. thunderace31

Nice Small engine with not a lot of boost very impressive :)

16. DigRacer

Not sure if I missed something, but if that pass was made on only 10 pounds it picked up over a second with 3 pounds of boost?

Very nice run BTW.

17. topfueldart

I installed a 10 lb spring, guessing it probably made more like 12-13 lbs, but I cant say for sure. That was the only run I've made on that spring so far. Thanks for the kind words.

18. Drac0nic

Wow, nice little 318 there. Car is really going and it seems like you should be able to get more still out of it considering how much you held back.

19. str5010

Awesome numbers and those headers look great! The 7675 is only available in a T4 housing correct? Are you running the .96 a/r hot side?

20. topfueldart

Yep, .96 T4. I don't believe you can get it in T6. Other than going to a PT4788 or something similar, I'm pretty sure the 7675 is about the top of the 'small' frame turbo's.

Thanks for the props, the headers were a lot of work but they turned out pretty well considering they were my first attempt.