1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

2JZ 65 Mustang Build - Painting Car in Garage - Nearing Completion

Discussion in 'The Turbo "Builds" Board' started by turbocobra, Apr 17, 2012.

1. turbocobra

Hey guys,

Its been quite a while since I have actively participated on this board.

Sold the 95 cobra, and have been working on restoring a 65 mustang for my 18 year old son.

We put a 2JZ in it. I know, I know!!! :)

Anyway, thought some of you might be interested...

We are in the process of painting it now.

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

We have documented the entire build on Youtube.

Couple of noteworthy videos.

Mustang in Primer, cold start on the 2JZ

Last weekend Jamb Painting

&t=4m10s[/url]

Fixing the Jamb Run and Showing the Paint Products

Showing Jamb Paint in Sunlight / Painting Front Jambs in Hotrod Flatz Paint

Garage Paint Booth Construction - Cross Flow Air Draft using SN95 fan, lol

2. wickedcobra

3. turbocobra

Classic! Good to have this pic on standby! :)

4. PrecisionTurboMustang

Love the car hate the tailpipe. Its like a mix between ricer and redneck 8) ruins the whole car for me.

5. turbocobra

If its a mix between Ricer and Redneck, then it's very fitting because that is what we are! lol Yea, I hear ya man, it was a piece of 4" stainless elbo and i just kind of welded it on there, spent no time on it. We will do something with it at some point...

6. blown385

I feel sorry for the car . :'( lol But I'm a Chevy owner so its cool .

Nice work . :2thumbs:

7. PrecisionTurboMustang

Baby Jesus is crying.

:D

8. turbocobra

We did this car a solid! It was a basket case. Full floor pans, quarter panels, door skins, front frame rail, rear frame rails all rusted out.... It's alive with a toyota motor, better than being dead!

9. turbocobra

10. 10secgoal

Yeah, your bar is already set low, so it probably doesn't bother you much :poke: LOL

11. blown385

OUCH !

:ras: :ras: :ras:

12. f1atlander

I el oh el'd.

13. SpoolFool6

lmao!! Wit nazzz loll

14. snapc3

:2thumbs: Love it.

Lol at everyone crying about the 2jz. Horsepower is horsepower, and those motors can dish it out.

15. turbocobra

Thanks man. Yea, I figured there would be some people hating on this build... but thats ok, I don't mind!

16. boooost383

&feature=share[/url]
    this is a good friends car. over 1000 horse spinning on the dyno
    granted the 2jz is in its home in a toyota. but the power glide and 9 inch arent lol.....cars are cars no matter whats powering them

17. boostedtorino

depends on your definition of alive i guess i despise toyota more than any car company in the world then nissan then honda so :bang: :bang: :bah: :bah: :stupid: .......... there isnt really anything in my eyes you coulda done worse to this car. now on the other hand the stance looks good and the color is gonna be awesome but the rice kills it if you wanted to do something really awesome you shoulda imported you a 4.0 dohc aussie falcon turbo engine and put in it at least then it would be cool and still make big power with a six.

I know some will bag cause of my opinion but idc its my opinion

18. turbocobra

All good points, apprecate you sharing your opinion!

Now that the car is built, do you think we should yank the 2JZ and just put a stock 289 with a carb on it?

19. boostedtorino

lmao no man it is kinda cool and diff i just think you coulda found soommmeethhinngg besides a yoter motor to put in it lol lol but it looks great and the install looks clean

20. 2turbonova

Wow what a spoiled 18 year old you have. Besides the gay rice can on the back its sweet. 2jz's are badass motors and this is the definition on hot rodding, albeit for a spoiled kit who wont appreciate it and wrap it around a tree soon.