1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

3800 V6 Turbo (lots of pics)

Discussion in 'The Turbo "Builds" Board' started by klampykixx, Sep 3, 2011.

1. klampykixx

Hi guys!

Name: Brendan. Aka Klampy

Car: Holden VR Commodore.

Engine: 3.8 buick V6 (3800 L27) Turbo

Aim: 400hp atw.

Ill let the pics do the talking.

Then:

[​IMG]#ad

Now:

[​IMG]#ad

engine before i broke the timing chain:

[​IMG]#ad

rebuilding the top end

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

L67 (genuine holden) supercharged head gaskets.

[​IMG]#ad

remote oil filter

[​IMG]#ad

modified intake

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

T70 turbo and Toyota W40 gearbox

[​IMG]#ad

heres where the unusualness comes in, with extractors:

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

turbo is going up here somewhere. (involves lifting the tunnel roof/ floor inside)

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

fuel cell:

[​IMG]#ad

rewired

[​IMG]#ad

water to air intercooler system

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

wastegate x2 (one off each extractor)

[​IMG]#ad

and a bit of action from before i broke the timing chain.

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

2. klampykixx

iv really done it now.... i got a little bit scared actually once the floor was out, it seemed like there was actually less room.. either way, its done. and iv decided the turbo will mount east west, with the cold side facing away from the driver seat.

pics.

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

i looked at mounting it this way, but doing that competely defeated the purpose of putting it there to start with, ie: the equal length piping.

[​IMG]#ad

3. xr8tt

Mate loose some passenger side foot well if your running with this stealth approach...

There's so much room up the front .. I guess P plate laws here ???
    You'll need a pump to return oil back to engine...
    Two T28's fit there well... Two VF24's of WRX etc...

4. klampykixx

im not doing it to be stealth. i wish that was the reason tho.... would certainly get less criticism thats for sure...

it was a comination of cost, ease of (my) construction, and also, in theory, trying to keep everything equal length for maximum use of the pulse energy as its a split pulse turbo.

all in all, it probably is a very elaborate unneccessary effort, but im prepared to do it (obviously as ive already hacked it up) and IMO, i think im going to achieve quite a responsive and powerful setup.

its a drift car, so no rego and im chasing primarily, quick response (from super short intake piping using a w2a system) and a high potential for outright power.