1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Quad turbo 4.6L (my next diy project)

Discussion in 'The Turbo "Builds" Board' started by turbo cat, Nov 15, 2008.

1. turbo cat

Its a tight fit but they fit. I may be crazy idk but i just wanted to d osomething different why staying on a budget. The turbos are chrysler TE04Hs and the car is already setup easily for turbocharging as I had a front mounted single on it. Im planning to cut where the current Y is and re-route a single pipe to a collect that will split into the 4 pre turbo pipes. There .38ar housings which are siad to be way too small for the 2.2s they came off of. The housings seem to be half the size of a smaller T3 so i dont hink spooling them is going to be too big of a deal (I hope) as its a basic stock PI motor backed with a 4r70w with a 3.08 IRS
    [​IMG]#ad

and as far as the radiator a shorter dual core aftermarket radiator not more than 13-14" tall (oem is 19 1/2") so the turbos can peer out over the radiator

2. 99TTGT

I was playing with that idea for a wyle.
    But I was thinking more like 2 in the engine compartment and 2 rear mounted.
    I gave up on it since with the right size turbo you can accomplish the desire power goal...
    Good luck,looks cool!

3. turbo-six

wow that looks sweet :D

subscribing to this thread

4. my8950

Other then the massive amount of tubing & piping, custom fit stuff, - why?

5. turbo cat

because i have plenty of free pipe the turbochargers only ran me 120$ for all four.
    They still should spool fast and not to mention since theres four of them they will work less to flow enough for 8-9psi.
    Which should equal too lower IATs and lower turbocharger wear? (correct me if im wrong here)
    Also its different and should sound wicked

6. Anthony Fury

This project will make a man out of you!

Are you going to make like a turbine outlet / downpipe log? I could see that working with the turbos sitting as you have pictured.

It is going to be more expensive than you think...but it will definitely sound cool. :)

7. turbo cat

I was planning on making yes a outlet log routing all of the 4 turbine outlets into a single 3.5" DP (all i can fit with the oem k member on a MN12 chassis) I know 3.5" sounds kinda small for a quad turbo setup but how much will a 4.6L at 8-9psi really flow? I want to get the exhaust all the way out the back and keep it toned down a bit. as far as expense two of the Teoh4s have too much play and need to be rebuilt or ill just grab another good pair out of the yard for 17$ a piece. One of the Te04hs that i pulled was rebuilt and one that i pulled today had no play. I alreadsy have tons of pipe in different sizes and bends that i got for free its not mandrel bent but I'm not looking for every pony. I also already have oil lines, tons of bolts, flanges are on the way, dp flanges came of with every turbo, Im using the oem internal wastegates, i have lots of couplers.....I just mostly need tuning/fuel gear

[​IMG]#ad

this is a 3" piece the 3.5" fits but its tight ill never get a 4" in there

8. Bowtie Guy

This is going to be AWESOME :chacha: Plus the looks on peoples faces when you tell them that its a quad turbo car..... will just be PRICELESS :cheers: I like the Idea of a logged down pipe, It would deffantly help with the space issues..... deffantly with all the piping you are going to have. How do you plan on feeding and returning the oil from the turbos?
    Bowtie Guy

9. turbo cat

im going to run my currently on the car oil feed from the oil filter adapter to a aluminum distrubution block that will have 4 outlet ports running to each housings. Then 2 ideas for the drain. The pan already has 2 welded in push on hose fittings and i was thinking i could build a resivor that would collect from the 4 turbochargers right underneath then 2 outlets from the resivoir to the pan so i will not have to fuck around with somehow pulling the pan. i think it would be fine and have no drain problems? Help me there if thats a bad idea and i should just man up and pull lthe pan again? Also the resivoir wosuld be suffecient volume and have a breather line to somewhere up high

10. one eyed willy

only question i have is.......why stop with only 4?

11. Bowtie Guy

If it were my vehicle, I'd pull the pan and add 2 more fittings, but then agian thats JMO. A resvior would probley work, but you got 4 turbo drains going into it, and 2 drains exiting the resvior, so you would mostlikly have return problems, but maybe I'm wrong about this :huh:
    Bowtie Guy

12. Bowtie Guy

You could go with eight turbo's :ras: One per cylinder :2thumbs:
    Bowtie Guy

13. fattirehotrods

subscribing to this thread

14. dave281sc

Pretty cool IMO, but different? There are at least 3 or 4 quad turbo mustangs just on my street. :D

15. BLK_03

Muwahahahhaa

[​IMG]#ad

16. Anthony Fury

Want!! That looks real hot.

17. turbo cat

Looks evil I like it :chacha: i guess im not going to be the first mod motor quad turbo after all :'( unless yours isnt going to be running for another 6 months i better get to work :welder:

18. dave281sc

Nice photoshop! :2thumbs:

19. turbo cat

i didnt really even pay attention too that as the front turbos primary pipe intersected with a weld haha good one fooled me

20. BLK_03

LOL

The Original:

[​IMG]#ad